Lisbon - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lisbon

big clarky

9 of us had coupla days in lisbon before heading down to Faro on match day.What a great city,done the Benfica stadium tour as well,awesome stadium,Nice wee stadium in Faro and great end to an up and down campaign,Nice touch at end from Strachan and the players,roll on next September

We also had a few days as well , did you do the museum tour and watch the Benfica video about the build up to a game, crikey it was a real eye opener and made you feel like a fan.

We also did Sporting Lisbon tour and my opinion was they are not as classy as Benfica.

Your right Lisbon is a great city and were back having a few days before going home

We also had a few days as well , did you do the museum tour and watch the Benfica video about the build up to a game, crikey it was a real eye opener and made you feel like a fan.

We also did Sporting Lisbon tour and my opinion was they are not as classy as Benfica.

Your right Lisbon is a great city and were back having a few days before going home

were you one o the guys we were drinkin wae in the irish bar and warchin the rugby

Kinda let down by the amount of people offering you drugs, it's every few minutes, even when sat in a restaurant.

Sporting tour not as good as Benfica, and not just because it was in Portugese while Benfica fella did his in both languages.

Sporting wouldn't even let us take a photo of us sat at Ryan Gauld's spot in the dressing room.

Lisbon great place though, and generally pretty cheap.

Enjoyed Lisbon, and Tuesday and Wednesday was great weather. If you took a walk away from the main tourists haunts you were getting some really cheap restaurants.

The drug sellers really do let the place down though, and that's probably going to be my main memory of the place as we were constantly harrassed. I know it's not a crime to have a small bit of hash on you, but the police should criminalise selling to someone else or at least deal with it. Would put me off recommending it to others to be honest.

The drug sellers have always been a big problem in Lisbon, and it's the fact they do it in plain sight that annoys me.

Been a couple of times over the years and it's the one major thing that always spoils what I feel could be a great European Capital city (read few years back city were clamping down on it, yet clearly not enough)