The Tartan Army Are In Danger Of "celebrating Failure" - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Tartan Army Are In Danger Of "celebrating Failure"

McExpat

Nil chance of us going to Russia - as Willie points out if we can't qualify for one of the 24 spots for France (and we weren't remotely close) then it's highly unlikely we're going to claim one of the 13 for Russia. I won't be making any further contributions to the SFA's coffers - bunch of khüntz.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we were getting to World Cups & Euros back in the day.

We're doing nothing on the pitch these days to merit such a support.

With the talent we had available , and the relative opposition in qualifying groups ; making the finals was not such a long shot ; although we tended to make heavy weather of it .....

Zaire

New Zealand

Sweden

Holland

CIS

Switzerland

Not many scalps for 8 finals

Recall after losing to Costa Rica in WC 90 ; was utterly depressed , but loads of guys on the lash

" we'll walk a million miles for one of your goals"

Blind faith mentality on an endless loop

Not sure if much has changed

nothing has changed

which is why willie millers comments are a bit strange

in danger should read have always

Don't know where Willie Miller "got euphoria tonight" ???

I reluctantly decided to travel to Faro at the weekend as I worked hard to pay for the trip (unlike the freebies he goes on) and although I was hurting due to Poland result decided to make the most of it. Having travelled for a number of years I can honestly say this trip was very subdued for a lot of the support due to the "meaningless outcome " of the game. We made new friends, had a couple of good meals and yes enjoyed the 6 nil result. However it did nothing to take away the hurt of yet another failure to qualify for a tournament and this was easy to guage as we were transported back to our resorts certainly no signs of euphoria, quite the opposite even. There was no lap of honour by the players only a thank you to us, which they do after every game-there would have been an outcry if they had not acknowledged us!!! Having played football myself I know these players would be as gutted as we were. We've just got to face it we weren't good enough in a group where everyone said from the start was a tough one.

Folk may recall how poor the attendances were at hampden after WC 90

Rumania at home ; think Switzerland too ?

One game was 12 k rattling about in a 72k ground

These were midweek games though and before the advent of the tartan army stag weekend

So the fans were capable of voting with their feet

Seemed to recall the "new blood" John Robertson & Gary Mcallister not going over that well

Although Mcallister went on to be a key player after a late start

Ahhhh it's the fans fault!

The loyalty of Scotland fans is indeed without a doubt part of the problem when it comes to the SFA

Think of it as a business - If nobody is buying your product then you need to make changes/improvements

Our loyalty has allowed the SFA to stand still and employ the if everyone is continuing to turn up then do all mentality

The loyalty of Scotland fans is indeed without a doubt part of the problem when it comes to the SFA

Think of it as a business - If nobody is buying your product then you need to make changes/improvements

Our loyalty has allowed the SFA to stand still and employ the if everyone is continuing to turn up then do all mentality

Didn't realise turning up to show my support every time was causing our failures. I do apologise.

Didn't realise turning up to show my support every time was causing our failures. I do apologise.

C'mon man you know it is not as simple as that. You supporting the team by showing up and well supporting them is fine. It is the putting the hugely expensive ticket revenue into the hands of the SFA that is the problem.

Cruel to be kind is the situation we are now in. We have to ruthlessly starve the SFA of oxygen (i,e, money) by withdrawing our financial contributions until we get nothing short of complete regime change. Idiots on here will try to mix that up with not supporting the team. But the two issues are completely distinct. In the context of deep structural failure that we are in now in Scottish football forcing out the SFA management is supporting the team but not in the short term in the long term.

FFS the SFA will never change if you keep feeding them your money. And they use your loyalty to milk you like big fat rich teats. To be fair you make it so easy for them. Kill the s (edit metaphorically speaking), you would have them on their knees in 12 months and I mean on their knees. You are all waaaaaay too nice, it sickens me. :wink2:

Edited by thplinth

C'mon man you know it is not as simple as that. You supporting the team by showing up and well supporting them is fine. It is the putting the hugely expensive ticket revenue into the hands of the SFA that is the problem.

Cruel to be kind is the situation we are now in. We have to ruthlessly starve the SFA of oxygen (i,e, money) by withdrawing our financial contributions until we get nothing short of complete regime change. Idiots on here will try to mix that up with not supporting the team. But the two issues are completely distinct. In the context of deep structural failure that we are in now in Scottish football forcing out the SFA management is supporting the team but not in the short term in the long term.

FFS the SFA will never change if you keep feeding them your money. And they use your loyalty to milk you like big fat rich teats. To be fair you make it so easy for them. Kill the s (edit metaphorically speaking), you would have them on their knees in 12 months and I mean on their knees. You are all waaaaaay too nice, it sickens me. :wink2:

:ok:

I see where Thplinth is coming from but you've got the 'supply and demand' aspect to consider as well. For the thousands that could potentially say 'enough is enough' and stop going you will have thousands who would happily take their places and snap up tickets, STC memberships etc.

Sadly, the SFA have got us by the balls. And they know it.

At least we were getting to World Cups & Euros back in the day.

We're doing nothing on the pitch these days to merit such a support.

What gets me is the interviews with players and the manager after the game when the come away with "we could have done better" or "we didn't play to our potential"

Why didn't they play to their potential, why didn't they play better. They should be going out there every game believing they are going to win and giving there best performance the same way the fans turn up every game and put in a performance.

And on the other point about the SFA, I think they would brick themselves if 35,000 SSC members refused to renew their membership and took pot luck in a public sale. I can't see many of us not getting a ticket

There is absolutely no chance of an SSC boycott due to the England games ...but there should be particularly if you knew what they are more than likely to charge you to watch us get humiliated by an ordinary England side

On a side note - as i said about the media being complicit

BBC Sportsound tonight - 1 hour long

We have just been eliminated from another tournament, the standard of Scottish domestic football never mind the standard of Scottish player is at it's lowest since time began, Strachan could call it quits and the silence from the SFA has been deafening.

First 30 minutes is spent discussing Mark McGhee going to Motherwell ......

Yes the 2nd half of the programme had an interview with Henry McLeish regurgitating what we already knew 20 years ago and that was it

The SSC blocked me on twitter for complaining about the ticket prices and I was up against heaps of fans basically defending them.

We get what we deserve from the SFA.

That is absolutely ridiculous, what a way to treat your 'customers'

The SSC blocked me on twitter for complaining about the ticket prices and I was up against heaps of fans basically defending them.

We get what we deserve from the SFA.

They done that to a couple of folk I've heard, Did they cancel your membership or ban you from buying tickets?