Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Polish Fans In Scottish Sectors.

Gwidon1308

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, you will be made welcome by the majority of us normal supporters. There is a high probability that you will meet some bawbags though. Enjoy the game and try to avoid the bawbags. :ok:

I'm happy to have a great time with opposition fans before and after the game, regardless of the result. However, at the stadium, I would prefer if the two sections of supporters were separate. I think it's better for all involved. Away fans openly sitting in the home end does not sit well with me. I don't think that makes me a 'bawbag.'

I'm happy to have a great time with opposition fans before and after the game, regardless of the result. However, at the stadium, I would prefer if the two sections of supporters were separate. I think it's better for all involved. Away fans openly sitting in the home end does not sit well with me. I don't think that makes me a 'bawbag.'

No that doesn't make you a bawbag. You are allowed to feel uncomfortable sitting/standing next to foreigners if you want. It's what you intend to do beyond that which will determine whether you are a bawbag or not. Some folk will do a bit of tutting and muttering maybe, which is OK, but I think it is usually fairly obvious when somebody has crossed the line into bawbagland.

I have sat in the "wrong" end at many football matches and have always been made to feel welcome even when we have won (which isn't very often). I just think we should treat our foreign visitors the same way.

It's only a fitba match after all.

No that doesn't make you a bawbag. You are allowed to feel uncomfortable sitting/standing next to foreigners if you want. It's what you intend to do beyond that which will determine whether you are a bawbag or not. Some folk will do a bit of tutting and muttering maybe, which is OK, but I think it is usually fairly obvious when somebody has crossed the line into bawbagland.

I have sat in the "wrong" end at many football matches and have always been made to feel welcome even when we have won (which isn't very often). I just think we should treat our foreign visitors the same way.

Correct. It boils my pish when you folk get all high and mighty about away fans in the home end yet a couple I know who do moan about it use the France 2007 and Spain 2011 games as some sort of badge of honour about the how we took over the home ends

It spoils the whole intended football atmosphere when fans start mingling in the wrong end. That's what the vomit-inducing atmosphere (or lack of atmosphere) at rugby union is like.

(I'm not suggesting it will be to that extent tonight, but that's the slippery slope you start to go down.)

Evil atmosphere brewing in the West Stand. Bunch of utter s in our section started throwing punches at Scotland fans when their own team scored. Dicks.

Aye, but we should shake their hands and help their old women across the road.

It's what Scotland fans do.

Some absolute weapons in the Scotland support tonight.

Embarrassing

Doubt they were any worse than the Polish fans. Honestly never seen the like of tonight's bawbaggery before. Absolute pricks.

Incidentally, 4 of Strathclyde's finest and two stewards stood 20 yards away from some Polish 'fans' laying into a couple of ours and watched. They eventually waded bravely in when a few of us had broken it up.

Edited by redstevie007

We were in the family section and it was outrageous when the first goal went in. Doesn't help when Scottish fans decide to jump guys holding flares causing them to fly out of control all over the place. Terrified weans all around, not good to see at all.

Doubt they were any worse than the Polish fans. Honestly never seen the like of tonight's bawbaggery before. Absolute pricks.

Incidentally, 4 of Strathclyde's finest and two stewards stood 20 yards away from some Polish 'fans' laying into a couple of ours and watched. They eventually waded bravely in when a few of us had broken it up.

Agreed.Polis were shite.

We were in the family section and it was outrageous when the first goal went in. Doesn't help when Scottish fans decide to jump guys holding flares causing them to fly out of control all over the place. Terrified weans all around, not good to see at all.

Family section was a joke tonight. You've got loads of folk there with no kids and behaving as they like with openly hostile moments with the Polish fans who were also in the section. Atmosphere was not nice and the amount folk standing on the stairs made the place totally unsafe.

Two of my three kids couldn't see a thing because of the selfish s standing up.

That's it for me. I won't be back.

Costs a fortune to watch the back of a selfish s head.

Stewards were useless and the police were invisible. I'll be making a formal complaint to the SFA and the Police. Much good it'll do.