Nearby Spanish Towns/areas - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nearby Spanish Towns/areas

Andy North Croy

I don't know how far Gibraltar actually is but when we went, had a cracking time. Couldn't help with a route etc as we came from Marbella.

Lots of history and a trip up the Rock was great anaw.

Watch out for the monkeys, they are hilarious until you are the victim ! :yikes3:

Just googled Emdy :um-no:

penny only dropped what emdy was. Anyway try Seville if not to far away and also Cadiz. you could google the town El rocio near the parque nacional Donana.

We are driving from Alicante to Faro and fly out on the Friday after the match on Thursday and will probably stop at these places on the way back to Alicante.

Enjoy the match

Just googled Emdy :um-no:

penny only dropped what emdy was. Anyway try Seville if not to far away and also Cadiz. you could google the town El rocio near the parque nacional Donana.

We are driving from Alicante to Faro and fly out on the Friday after the match on Thursday and will probably stop at these places on the way back to Alicante.

Enjoy the match

Alicante to Faro must be some length of trip??

Aracena in the hills north of Huelva will be a nice place at this time of year if you like walking. I was going to go there myself but opted for a bike ride to Lisbon through the Alentejo instead.

Seville is one of Spain's liveliest and interesting cities with plenty to see and do (and two big football teams, Real Betis and Sevilla)

If you want to go further afield then the 'Sherry Triangle' is an excellent area Jerez-Sanlucar de Barrameda-El Puerto de Santa Maria (my favourite)

Arcos de la Frontera is a gorgeous whitewashed hill town with ace views

Cadiz has all the buzz of a city with great beaches and a lovely old centre.

Not sure about tolls as I like cycling on little back roads.

Cadiz, loads of history, Jerez, home of sherry, Seville, city of culture not long ago.

Gibraltars a bit of a hike but worth it, and can be pricey for accom. Try La Linea, just over the border (1km) if you stay over. Has a nice square with bars to boot.

Agree with all the above suggestions except I wouldn`t bother going as far as Gibraltar. In province of Huelva, Aracena (old castle and great caves and nice countryside-try the ham too) and if weather is good coastal towns like Ayamonte (can still take boat there from Portugal), Punta Umbria . In province of Seville, Seville city and Carmona are worth a visit. In Cádiz province, lots of places-Sanlucar and El Puerto de Santa Maria area west of Cadiz city and to east Medina Sidonia, Conil ,Vejer, Bolonia (Roman remains and great beaches). Inland white villages like Grazalema and from there cross into Malaga province and see Ronda (gorge etc). If you get good weather go for coastal route to Medina, Conil, Vejer (great beaches near Trafalgar La Palmera etc),Bolonia (before Tarifa). If weather`s not so good go inland and see Arcos de la Frontera, Grazalema and Ronda or some of places mentioned. If with kids, they`ll like caves in Aracena, zoo in Jerez,Roman remains in Bolonia (Claudio Baello or similar), Isla Magica in Seville if still open ... Some places like zoo in Jerez close on Mondays but as next Monday is Spain`s national holiday may strangely open.