Starting Line-Up Prediction - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Line-Up Prediction

Caledonian Craig

With a couple of days to go until our biggest game for a few years I can't see Strachan changing things too much. I see us lining up something like this:-

Marshall

Hutton

Hanley

Martin

Whittaker

Brown (Capt.)

McArthur

Maloney

Anya

Naismith

Fletcher

If Strachan is adventurous he could push Naismith up front alongside Fletcher.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you've nailed it. Any more word on Anya's fitness as I know there was a question mark a few days ago. McArthur really grew on me during the German game.

I wouldn't worry too much about players missing training. If I remember correctly Scott Brown missed training prior to the Germany game but still started. It happens.

What's stevie fletcher done in last 6 or so games exactly???

Other than a few v Gibraltar, he's utter Pish and does my head in, would rather go with griffiths or big Jordan!!

I can see why you say that but Fletcher suits the up front role Strachan wants and Griffiths and Rhodes don't.

Fletcher scored three V Gibraltar whilst Rhodes scored none against them in the final half hour when they were tiring. Also lets not forget Fletcher's assist for Anya V Germany and do believe he had a hand in Maloney's goal V Georgia at Ibrox. I don't dent Griffiths and Rhodes are due a chance but seeing them as some sort of savior is mighty wishful thinking.

Strachan likes s fletcher for his link up play.

Think he will stick with him for that reason. He will gamble on getting some goals from the usual suspects Maloney, Naismith or anya if fit.

In GOrD we trust, its his call. Let's hope he gets it right.

Edited by Robroysboy

Last chance saloon this is shit or bust, we just have to get it right

If Strachan wins on Thursday, Tbilisi will become a distant memory.

Massive game and its refreshing to see us in contention with 2 games to play.

PS will be supporting two teams Germany and Scotland.

If Strachan perseveres with Fletcher then I suggest that due to his earlier goals Maloney will be in there also. I am not sure what Maloney's form is but all we can hope for is that Strachan has learned from Georgia and will look to play in-form players who are playing regularly for their clubs - and that work his team and formation around that. If we do that I think we will win. If Strachan insists on playing our normal formation with players who are not in form then our decline will continue.

In saying that, Maloney only manage to score two penalties and nothing from open play against a tiring Gibraltar and therefore according to some that should mean he shouldn't start.

If Strachan perseveres with Fletcher then I suggest that due to his earlier goals Maloney will be in there also. I am not sure what Maloney's form is but all we can hope for is that Strachan has learned from Georgia and will look to play in-form players who are playing regularly for their clubs - and that work his team and formation around that. If we do that I think we will win. If Strachan insists on playing our normal formation with players who are not in form then our decline will continue.

In saying that, Maloney only manage to score two penalties and nothing from open play against a tiring Gibraltar and therefore according to some that should mean he shouldn't start.

Maloney been playing weel for Hull since arriving by all accounts. Hopefully now he's back playing in England he can re discover his form the ealry in the campagin.