Wales V Scotland 6 Nations - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wales V Scotland 6 Nations

DaveyDenoon

Tickets on general sale midday tomorrow (Tuesday Oct 6). Game is on 13 Feb which is a Saturday.

Just bought mine half an hour ago - Cat C and D sold out and not even on public sale yet! Cat A are £75 and Cat B £65.

They will sell out fast given the mood in Wales atm.

Good luck for those buying!

Edited by DaveyDenoon

Upper tier behind the posts isn't too bad to be honest. High enough up to get a decent perspective of the whole pitch.

I've had cheaper tickets in the millennium a few times which tend to be further back in the lower tier where all you can see is pretty much the pitch but nothing else (I like to be able to see the entire arena to help soak up the atmosphere not just the pitch) and you get much less perspective than you do in the upper tier (even although these seats were on the sides rather than behind the posts). Lower tier behind the posts are probably the poorest view.

I'd rather buy Cat B in the middle or upper behind the posts than along the sides in the lower tier to be honest.

Would also say if you are buying for a group of you might be worth buying a red membership at £25 as it saves the £4.70 booking fee per ticket.

I bought 8 therefore saved £38 in booking fees for my £25 fee net saving £13. Not huge but will pay for some beer and also gets discounts off merchandise and access to members bar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you're down on Friday night before the game on the Saturday, Edinburgh are playing Scarlets on the Friday night, and Scarlets have put a special deal on; £15 gets you a match ticket, programme and a return bus from Cardiff to Llanelli for the match.

Edited by biffer

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to the weekend. Not for any rugby reasons as I realised the last time I saw Scotland win in Cardiff was 17th February 1996 (I was 15). Missed the 2002 win, but since then, not a sausage. Closest we came was that defeat from the jaws of victory game in 2010.

That all said, I love Cardiff on a rugby day.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

On 10 February 2016 at 9:04 PM, Bristolhibby said:

Anyone going, looks like there are "enhanced" security measures at the stadium and they are recommending getting into the ground earlier than usual.

http://supporters.wru.co.uk/matchdaytv/?play=media&id=22809

J

Yeah not sure what that's all about. Not seen any "enhanced security" there before and to be honest I'm not sure there will be much difference.

Probably the usual attempts to get the punters in their seats early to cut town on the usual mad scramble as kickoff approached.

Anyway, I shall be there (provided we get out of the house at a decent hour this time).  I have a feeling the 12 minute train journey won't be plain sailing with mad queues at the station. Think I'll buy the train tickets tonight...

Does anyone get upset watching this?

About 5 years ago, I just resigned myself to us being San Marino and expect to lose every match, that way if they do sneak a 6-3 win over Italy, it's a surprise.

It's beyond a joke. The same old shite every single year. Keep it close, go up, then drop the ball 100% more than your opponents, and lose a try or two in the last minutes.

Although an optimistic pal has just text me saying "Wales were like this in the 90s. And look at them today'' Is that true?

2016  2 games 0 wins

2015  5 games 0 wins

2014  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2013  5 games 2 wins (Ireland and Italy)

2012  5 games 0 wins

2011  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2010  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2009  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2008 5 games 1 win (England)

2007  5 games 1 win (Wales)

Just looked back at the last 10 years of 6 Nations. This is our record. 47 games with England, France and Italy to come in this years Championship......we have won 8 games (and 5 of them against Italy). Remarkable.

7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

2016  2 games 0 wins

2015  5 games 0 wins

2014  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2013  5 games 2 wins (Ireland and Italy)

2012  5 games 0 wins

2011  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2010  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2009  5 games 1 win (Italy)

2008 5 games 1 win (England)

2007  5 games 1 win (Wales)

Just looked back at the last 10 years of 6 Nations. This is our record. 47 games with England, France and Italy to come in this years Championship......we have won 8 games (and 5 of them against Italy). Remarkable.

Hadn't realised the record was that poor.

By any standards that is pathetic.