Golfers Forum. - Page 10 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Obviously I wouldn't want to contradict the great man's teachings but maybe over the years you've developed a bit of a 'baseball' swing? Try steepening it just a bit and you might cure your hook.

Oh aye, you're right, it is. My problem was I was too upright, so I suppose he went the other way. Got me down to 2 right enough. Crabbit auld bastirt, but great man.

Taylor Made R15. How the hell did you manage that? :lol:

I've no idea how it happened, hit a shot and ball went (relatively) straight but made a strange sound and never thought anymore of it. Next hole hit the ball with the driver and it made the strangest noise I've ever heard, knew something had happened and I was half expecting the club head to be missing when I looked at it! Split right along the top just above the face, would post a photo but no idea how to!!

I've had a few lessons, including less than a week before this happened. Got some stuff to work on and will be getting more, fame is slowly improving.

I've no idea how it happened, hit a shot and ball went (relatively) straight but made a strange sound and never thought anymore of it. Next hole hit the ball with the driver and it made the strangest noise I've ever heard, knew something had happened and I was half expecting the club head to be missing when I looked at it! Split right along the top just above the face, would post a photo but no idea how to!!

I've had a few lessons, including less than a week before this happened. Got some stuff to work on and will be getting more, fame is slowly improving.

You must scream it for miles. That is mental. To be honest (and I'm not being patronising here), the best driver I ever had was a Ping G15, it might be a wee a wee bit ahead of you, but by God, beautiful club.

Just played the first two rounds of the club championship at Machrihanish, can honestly say Saturday was the hardest conditions I have ever played golf in, winds howling off the Atlantic for the whole round, hit a driver and two 3 woods as best I can at a par 5 and was still 100 yards from the green !!!

Still a bit breezy today but managed to beat yesterday's score by 23 strokes ???

Anyone watching The Memorial tournament. Some bottle from Justin Rose at the 72nd to take it to a play off.

Tiger Woods finished 29 shots back in Last place (of those that made the cut) His 85 round last night is the worst of his pro career. Have to give it to him he still puts everything into every shot. I would have been breaking clubs I think.

Did make chuckle watching him hold his follow through pose for ages as he hit it 100 yards off line :)

Edited by Angus_Young

Anyone watching The Memorial tournament. Some bottle from Justin Rose at the 72nd to take it to a play off.

Tiger Woods finished 29 shots back in Last place (of those that made the cut) His 85 round last night is the worst of his pro career. Have to give it to him he still puts everything into every shot. I would have been breaking clubs I think.

Did make chuckle watching him hold his follow through pose for ages as he hit it 100 yards off line :)

Yes and yes.

Nightmare back 9 but somehow in a playoff with that great rescue.

A bit of luck that his ball hit someone's head to bounce back towards the fairway. :lol:

Yes and yes.

Nightmare back 9 but somehow in a playoff with that great rescue.

A bit of luck that his ball hit someone's head to bounce back towards the fairway. :lol:

me talk about bottle. Great stuff from the two of them there.

Aye rose got a bit lucky. What a pitch though. Fair play to him.

Just played the first two rounds of the club championship at Machrihanish, can honestly say Saturday was the hardest conditions I have ever played golf in, winds howling off the Atlantic for the whole round, hit a driver and two 3 woods as best I can at a par 5 and was still 100 yards from the green !!!

Still a bit breezy today but managed to beat yesterday's score by 23 strokes

Fit's the par 3 on the front 9? I hit a wedge one day, and a driver the next :lol:

The 4TH ? 121 yards of the medals, the days you must have played it was a typical Machrihanish couple of days, seen me playing a two rounder and hit full 5 iron in the morning and a half wedge in the afternoon

Fit's the par 3 on the front 9? I hit a wedge one day, and a driver the next :lol:

You still hooking it aff yer flat swing? There's a great utube video from that lad on Sky (Simon Holmes). Focuses on trying to hit the ball like you're down swing is through a tunnel - he refers to it as the gate. Stops you coming inside so much and worked well for me. Straightens things up as well as given you more height and better connection 'cos the club is squarer.

• 3 weeks later...

Played my first round of the year on Thursday, and hopefully tomorrow/this morning (if weather holds up). 91 on a par 68. Best score last year was 81, but quite content over all. Putting was awful at times - I often find I putt when I don't dilly about and just have a wee look/line up and go for it - not aiming for the hole, but near enough. Started the back 9 terribly, 7,6,8, but ended well, a nice par on the 18th which had me wanting to go out again.

Ended last year with a rough HC of about 16.

I've got handydown clubs from a pal who got himself some new Callaways. 20 year old, steel Pinseekers, plus a few Donay/Dunlop cheapies - putter, 3 hybrid and driver. I said if I ever reach single digits, I'll treat myself to a new set of clubs.

I wouldn't want to blame my clubs as they've done me well, but I seem to have next to no power, and wondering if it's because I'm weak/not powering enough, or the age of the clubs? I've read many times it's not the clubs it's the golfer. It's a bit of a double-edge sword as I don't want to tamper too much as I'm hitting the ball really cleanly most of the time and getting good flight/accuracy, but at times I'm clubbing up/down about 3 clubs to my partners. Minter ;)

It's a bizzare game though. The hardest game to ever master? It probably has to be up there. I can go from round to round or hole to hole - feeling like I could make the senior tour in 20 years, to wondering why I ever started playing this game.

Edited by weekevie04

Nothing to do with your build, Kevie. A wee lassie in our club hits it a mile, and she's aboot 4ft. It's clubhead speed.

If you ever saw that film with Adam Sandler (the name escapes me), think of him taking a run at it in the downswing. The power comes from the legs. When you get to the top, fling everything you've got onto your left-side (if you're right-handed).

I only like putting, i used to be really good at it. It was the pain getting to the green that done me. Anytime i tried to do a full swing with some power the ball just went all over the place. Do a 3/4 swing and less power striaght as a die but 50-80 yards shorter. I would rarely 3 putt though, and folk on the course would ask me for tips and shit, then i;d tee off and folk would be like WTF!!

So aye stopped playing as i was shyte at it apart from putting. Had like 20 golf lessons as well for swinging clubs, never had a putting lesson.