dandydunn

Golfers Forum.

Just coming up for my third year in a row playing over 100 different courses each year. Currently at 92. Probs have to wait till after the Israel trip for my 100th. Looking at different options..the 2 Macrahinish courses...abersoch and royal st davids at harlech ..close house near Newcastle or if my mate is able to come along go to Scarborough and Filey as we both worked at Butlins Filey in 1979. Loved Scarborough South Cliff golf course. 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:30 PM, dandydunn said:

The GOAT is back.....

Bloody hell.

I’d have thought Jack was a bit long in the tooth now to be making comebacks.

Fair play.

Played my 100th course of the year at Royal St Davids in Harlech. Great value at 37.50 for a championship course. Cant see the sea for the sand dunes unless you climb the ladder at 16th tee but a fantastic setting with Harlech Castle dominating the course and Snowdonia in thr background. I found it really hard due to the length of the holes not being a big hitter. Last 9 holes tremendous.

Signed up not long ago for a 3 day extravaganza at Carnoustie in April. Buddon on Friday, Burnside Saturday and Championship Sunday. 

Only played the Burnside before, so can’t wait to get onto all 3. Staying in the hotel too for a very reasonable price of about £250 all in. 

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Signed up not long ago for a 3 day extravaganza at Carnoustie in April. Buddon on Friday, Burnside Saturday and Championship Sunday. 

Only played the Burnside before, so can’t wait to get onto all 3. Staying in the hotel too for a very reasonable price of about £250 all in. 

That's a pretty good deal. A lot of folk will be paying that for just the golf. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That's a pretty good deal. A lot of folk will be paying that for just the golf. 

My dad and all his pals are playing the championship in September and are paying £180 alone for just the one round. 

On 11/13/2018 at 1:49 AM, dandydunn said:

Apparently the Buddon is a very decent course now after the renovation work. 

Got a game today for the first time since November. Felt good to be out again on summer greens still, +2 at the turn and must’ve gotten tired on the way back to finish with a +10 78 🙈 treble bogey thrown in at the 10th for good measure. Up in the greenside par 3 in one, pitched down and just missed the putt on the way back, tapped it with the back of my putter to hole it, twice 😂 put it a foot past and rolled it in for a 6 🛎🔚

David Law just won the Handa Vic open in Australia on the European tour. Incredible eagle at the last for his maiden victory, life changing for him now  

Well done lad 👏🏽👏🏽

32 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

David Law just won the Handa Vic open in Australia on the European tour. Incredible eagle at the last for his maiden victory, life changing for him now  

Well done lad 👏🏽👏🏽

you forgot to say for the non golfers that he's scottish and more importantly an Aberdonian

49 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Well done lad 👏🏽👏🏽

Aye, fantastic result for him. That win will qualify him for about as many tournaments as he wants to play in this year. Biggest career prize money for him by a mile. 156,000 euros is an excellent start to retaining his tour card for next year. 

Another decent week for young Scottish golfers, as two Scots (Robert MacIntyre and Connor Syme) have qualified for the matchplay phase of the World Super 6 in Australia. At least one Scot will be in the last 16 knock-out round as they play against each other in Round One. The winner will play Paul Dunne in the next round. Good luck to them both.