Golfers Forum. - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Is that not a 3 wood?

Not with a 460cc head it's not. New innovation from taylor made apparently.

I'm obviously hitting it higher than before,which is good,but I'm not losing any distance on my old callaway,maybe even gaining a few.

So far it is going 220+ before dropping.

Ignoring the ineptitude of Zurich Insurance, Ping G25 Driver purchased. 8.5 degree, but adjustable. Needed a stiff shaft, which made a whore of a difference. 280 yds on range with nice draw, even though it's slightly off-set.

Edit - you're quite right, Dandy, American Golf matching prices if you can prove it.

Edited by Flora MaDonald

Good summer for watching golf in Scotland this year. Scottish Open at Gullane, The Open at St Andrews, the new Paul Lawrie Saltire Matchplay in Aberdeen and the Dunhill Links Championship. In addition to those main tour events, there's the Scottish Hydro Challenge at Aviemore on the Challenge Tour, the Scottish Senior Open at Fairmont St Andrews, the Ladies Scottish Open at Troon and the Women's British Open at Turnberry.

Lots of good stuff for watchers of golf and well spread around the country.

Good summer for watching golf in Scotland this year. Scottish Open at Gullane, The Open at St Andrews, the new Paul Lawrie Saltire Matchplay in Aberdeen and the Dunhill Links Championship. In addition to those main tour events, there's the Scottish Hydro Challenge at Aviemore on the Challenge Tour, the Scottish Senior Open at Fairmont St Andrews, the Ladies Scottish Open at Troon and the Women's British Open at Turnberry.

Lots of good stuff for watchers of golf and well spread around the country.

Don't forget the amateur mens winter open at buckpool on March 1st,where I shall be making my seasons debut :ok:

:lol:

Went out of the ordinary recently and bought a 14 degree driver.

SLDR,I'm very surprised with the results,very pleasing.

Bought one at the end of last season and was very impressed both off a tee and off the fairway (and off the toe once).

Edited by Larky Masher

Interesting.

I was thinking of going the other way - 8.5. Was hitting my 10.5 too high (I hope Orra's coping with it better).

I tried that. Didn't work for me. But you are obviously a better player than I am so you might have the skill to do it properly. I stopped hitting it so high with less back spin on it, but unfortunately I often hit it with a lot, lot more side spin and I seem to have very little control over whether it is left or right side spin. I can stand up and hit 2 balls off the same tee and they could be over 150 yards apart. I might go back to a 10.5 in the summer?

You could probably do it with a 14. Saw Severiano nail one at Turnberry years ago - greatest golf shot I've ever seen.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Let's keep the comparisons between me and Seve to a minimum........

For a couple of months anyway :D

Decent showings this weekend from Scots pros. Stephen Gallacher third in Dubai, he seems to like it out there having won it the last two years. Martin Laird close but no cigar; joint leader with two to play, then bogey double bogey lost it for him.

Dandy, you ever had any dealings with Scottsdale Golf? The Insurers are getting their MD to phone me about irons.

Never heard of them,but they look expensive.

About £50 more expensive for my irons than I was last year,but I suppose if you're not paying,it doesn't matter.

I would assume they are trustworthy enough if dealing with insurance companies.