Golfers Forum. - Page 55 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

• 2 weeks later...

So after ive joined the golf club i have put 3 cards in now to get my handicap, (Par 72), the first round was 110!!, followed by a 90 (I know) then followed 103, (This round was going great till i took 8 after landing in a bunker, )(i was out in 44 so was looking good but fucked up big style coming in), Golf eh?

On 8/3/2022 at 12:17 PM, dj mick said:

So after ive joined the golf club i have put 3 cards in now to get my handicap, (Par 72), the first round was 110!!, followed by a 90 (I know) then followed 103, (This round was going great till i took 8 after landing in a bunker, )(i was out in 44 so was looking good but fucked up big style coming in), Golf eh?

16.7 handicap.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

Bob McIntyre wins the Italian Open in play off with Matt Fitzpatrick 

Just managed to see last couple of holes and play off. 

Great result. Fingers crossed he maintains that form and is back there in 12 months for Ryder cup.

3 hours ago, fringo said:

Just managed to see last couple of holes and play off. 

Great result. Fingers crossed he maintains that form and is back there in 12 months for Ryder cup.

Might be easier to get in the ryder cup team now with all this LIV stuff going on?

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Finished by 1000? What time did you get up????? 😂

Only 9 holes today, all the 18 holers appear to be shut for some reason 🤔

Anyway half a round or not i was magnificent 😂 Did a wee bit at the gym at my work afterwards then I’m going to build a gazebo this afternoon and I just might partake in my first drop of alcohol in 7 weeks 😃

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Only 9 holes today, all the 18 holers appear to be shut for some reason 🤔

Anyway half a round or not i was magnificent 😂 Did a wee bit at the gym at my work afterwards then I’m going to build a gazebo this afternoon and I just might partake in my first drop of alcohol in 7 weeks 😃

I get 9 good holes every time I play. Unfortunately it's the other 9 shit holes that fuk my score up. 😂

16 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Might be easier to get in the ryder cup team now with all this LIV stuff going on?

I'm not about who's actually gone to LIV but a few older ones probably wouldn't make Ryder Cup team now.

Here's hoping Bob makes it though.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

I'm not about who's actually gone to LIV but a few older ones probably wouldn't make Ryder Cup team now.

Here's hoping Bob makes it though.

Aye, a lot of the Europeans who have gone to LIV golf probably wouldn't have made it anyway but we'll never know for sure. There is still a lot of speculation about Jon Rahm going to LIV. Then again the LIV guys haven't been totally ruled out yet either. Lot's of legal stuff going on. 

The selection procedure has changed this time round as well. Luke Donald has 6 captains picks this time. MacIntyre is off to a good start, and winning at the actual Ryder Cup venue has to count for something more than just the points he picked up. 

• 1 month later...

Five Scottish golfers are currently playing in the DP World Tour Championship.

https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/dp-world-tour-championship-dubai-2022/leaderboard?round=2

None of them are going to win it, but it's quite an achievement just to qualify for it. To qualify they needed to be in the top 50 on the European Tour. I can't imagine being in the top 50 in my own golf club, never mind the whole of Europe. 😂 

And we have five of them in there. Ritchie Ramsey, Bob MacIntyre and Connor Syme are battling it out to be the Top Scot. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 1:09 PM, Orraloon said:

Five Scottish golfers are currently playing in the DP World Tour Championship.

https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/dp-world-tour-championship-dubai-2022/leaderboard?round=2

None of them are going to win it, but it's quite an achievement just to qualify for it. To qualify they needed to be in the top 50 on the European Tour. I can't imagine being in the top 50 in my own golf club, never mind the whole of Europe. 😂 

And we have five of them in there. Ritchie Ramsey, Bob MacIntyre and Connor Syme are battling it out to be the Top Scot. 

45th for me, just saying…….🤪

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The new Netflix documentary on golf - Full Swing - is a very decent watch. Along the lines of F1 Drive to Survive. They’ve done a very good job of it, unlike the recent tennis one (Break Point) that they produced. 

Only watched the first 2 episodes - featuring Speith/Thomas & Koepka/Scheffler. Following episodes catch a lot of the LIV drama as well. 

• 1 month later...

No posts here in over a year ?

I only started getting into golf 5-6 years ago and still rubbish but enjoy it and enjoyed the chat and stories on here.

Had my first 2 rounds of the year this weekend. Good to brush off the cobwebs.

Went down to stay with friends in Melrose and played Roxburgh near Kelso. Tough, hilly course but lovely countryside . 

Not easy for hackers like me averaging about 100 but defo worth a visit for better golfers.

How's everyone else playing ?

1 hour ago, fringo said:

No posts here in over a year ?

I only started getting into golf 5-6 years ago and still rubbish but enjoy it and enjoyed the chat and stories on here.

Had my first 2 rounds of the year this weekend. Good to brush off the cobwebs.

Went down to stay with friends in Melrose and played Roxburgh near Kelso. Tough, hilly course but lovely countryside . 

Not easy for hackers like me averaging about 100 but defo worth a visit for better golfers.

How's everyone else playing ?

Playing well enough, 2 rounds in and both of them I’ve been on track for 78/79 and I’ve blazed a ball over the fence on the 17th tee and heading up to pittodrie 🙈

Fucking hate golf 😂

14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Playing well enough, 2 rounds in and both of them I’ve been on track for 78/79 and I’ve blazed a ball over the fence on the 17th tee and heading up to pittodrie 🙈

Fucking hate golf 😂

😄

Much improvement yesterday. 

+1 at the turn, birdie on 10 to go level then an inexcusable double on 11 annoyed me. Birdie on 12 and bogies on 13,14, 16 & 17 really pissed me off and finished 5 over, gets the handicap down a wee big again with plenty positives in there. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I hate the new handicap system. It's shit. But unfortunately it's here to stay.

As  relative newbie to golf I'd never had a handicap until end of last year when I entered  3 scores.

My average last 6 years is about 101. My 3 handicap scores were 91 (best score ever by miles) then 108 and 115.

The handicap I was then given was 18-19 ??! My golfing friends say that will work itself out in time to a more realistic handicap closer to my lack of ability, but that first handicap seems crazy and way off the reality which should be mid 20s handicap ?

Edited by fringo