Golfers Forum. - Page 53 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New irons bought today. TM Sim max 2, not what I wanted originally, tried the TM P770 & P790, but couldnā€™t hit them and was losing yards. Went for a fitting with a pro and went with his honest assessment of it, so good enough for me, just have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to arrive now šŸ˜¬

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 9:32 AM, dandydunn said:

Irons arrived last week, working away this week and looking forward to getting them out today.Ā 
Ā 

Wind approx 50mph has ensured theyā€™re still in the cellophane šŸ™„

You want my tale?

I ordered a set of mizuno jpx 921 hot metals on the 26th 0ct,, guy told me 4-8 weeks, after 4-8 weeks no word from the store, i called to enquire only to be told there was a delay on them, (Not mentioned when handing over the cash), Irons finally arrived on xmas eve, well all of them apart from the sand wedge, Took delivery of the sand wedge yesterday, so by my sums it's a bit more than 4-8 weeks eh?

My issue wasn't the delay, It was the lack of comms to keep me updated, and also the general lack of customer service and the patronising attitude of the manager, (He tried to quote me scots trading laws unaware I've been in retail for 40 yrs)

The clubs themselves have pretty much added 20yrds to my iron game according to top tracer details but that's not the issue, The store in question is Affordable golf at hillington.

12 minutes ago, dj mick said:

You want my tale?

I ordered a set of mizuno jpx 921 hot metals on the 26th 0ct,, guy told me 4-8 weeks, after 4-8 weeks no word from the store, i called to enquire only to be told there was a delay on them, (Not mentioned when handing over the cash), Irons finally arrived on xmas eve, well all of them apart from the sand wedge, Took delivery of the sand wedge yesterday, so by my sums it's a bit more than 4-8 weeks eh?

My issue wasn't the delay, It was the lack of comms to keep me updated, and also the general lack of customer service and the patronising attitude of the manager, (He tried to quote me scots trading laws unaware I've been in retail for 40 yrs)

The clubs themselves have pretty much added 20yrds to my iron game according to top tracer details but that's not the issue, The store in question is Affordable golf at hillington.

Thatā€™s frustrating. My pal was the same for new Titleist irons the end of last year. The problem is that all the stuff, heads/shafts/grips/hozels etc all come from different places and they just canā€™t seem to get anything together at the moment. He kept complaining to titleist and ended up with a dozen balls, towel, couple of caps, backpack from the open and a couple of gloves.Ā 
Ā 

I fancied the 921ā€™s too, but place where I got fitted donā€™t do mizuno at all, so stuck with TM. About an hour after I bought them, the new TM stealth were announced, so couldā€™ve gotten them instead, but happy with what Iā€™ve ended up with.Ā 
Ā 

About a week after I got them, the same place announced they were opening a custom fit centre, so now new irons should be with everyone within a week of ordering.Ā 
Ā 

Now just waiting to finally get out and try them, Covid means I canā€™t even get to the range at the moment, but hopefully this weekend is the time, get yardages in winter course and be raring to go for summer time.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 8:45 AM, dj mick said:

Out today after getting soaked last monday, Paisley golf club, Good luck.

Enjoyed a brilliant round today in the sunshine..... well it would have been brilliant but I tired badly the last few holes and the two sixes and and a seven I came home with messed my card up a bit.Ā 

I seem to have developed a wee fade to the right off the tee which is new, but I didn't mind too much as I was hitting the ball well. All in all for the first round of the year I was quite happy šŸ‘

I have to say i thoroughly enjoyed Paisley golf club, lovely course set in the glennifer Braes, excellent views from atop, Actually played quite well too apart from a few wayward drives and duffed chips,,Ā 

• 3 weeks later...

I still havenā€™t had a game yet. Been dialling in the new irons at the range, but work has been mental and next weekend, Iā€™m away to a tournament with the kids football, so another weekend lost šŸ˜¢

On 4/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

My oldest boy got a job this summer as a golf instructor, he is phenomenal. Great for me as I get free golf lessons now...šŸ™‚ā›³šŸŒļøā€ā™‚ļø

Would he have charged you if he hadn't got the job?!Ā šŸ˜

19 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Would he have charged you if he hadn't got the job?!Ā šŸ˜

Actually I raised him proper mate. He is always trying to correct my swing, my slice, my hook, my swing speed. We fucker gets on my nerves at times.. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ‘

• 4 weeks later...

What a finish to the Betfred Masters. Olesen looked to have blown his overnight lead and was sitting +4 for the day with only two holes to play. Then bang!!! Eagle, Birdie finish to win by one shot. Ritchie Ramsay had taken the lead with one hole to play then double bogeyed the last after plopping it in the water. He and Connor SymeĀ  finished 3rd equal and both of them move into the top 50 of the European Tour.Ā 

40 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Played yesterday at Pollok, hit a lovely 8 iron to within 2 feet and then a quite stunning pitching wedge that lipped out,, the other 115 shots where terrible tho.

You mean you missed the two foot putt?Ā Ā šŸ¤”

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Getting back into things now, all going well last Saturday, a cut was on the horizon, then 2 balls went over the fence on 17 and it was goodnight Vienna, tomorrow is a new day šŸ˜‚

Ahh yes the 17th... I like to fade the ball, my pals would sayĀ  its a ridiculous slice ... more than a couple have ended up in east ends car park....

44 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

Ahh yes the 17th... I like to fade the ball, my pals would sayĀ  its a ridiculous slice ... more than a couple have ended up in east ends car park....

The first one was travelling at an affa rate of knots, Iā€™m convinced it ended up in pittodrie car park šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• 3 weeks later...