Golfers Forum. - Page 48 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Your course handicap will go up though, because your slope rating will be higher than 113. 

I haven't got mine yet as the app doesn't work on my phone and the handicap index isn't up on the website yet.

Looking at it further, it’s all fucked up. My home course has a slope rating of 115 & 120 and it seems 8 of my last 20 rounds have been at kings barns. I don’t recall being there 😂😂

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Looking at it further, it’s all fucked up. My home course has a slope rating of 115 & 120 and it seems 8 of my last 20 rounds have been at kings barns. I don’t recall being there 😂😂

:lol:

You obviously played pretty decent. That's a tough course. But you're so good you could play it in your sleep.:lol:

I've heard a few stories like that. I think the new handicap system is a good idea but Scottish Golf is a bit of a shambles. The words piss up and brewery spring to mind. They fired out so much promotional stuff telling us how wonderful the new system would be. They would have been better spending more time getting their databases and computer systems sorted out. 

I tried to register for the Scottish Golf App using my pals phone, which is a bit more up to date than mine. I couldn't get my handicap index but it did tell me that I've tested positive for COVID and I have to isolate for 14 days. 

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You obviously played pretty decent. That's a tough course. But you're so good you could play it in your sleep.:lol:

I've heard a few stories like that. I think the new handicap system is a good idea but Scottish Golf is a bit of a shambles. The words piss up and brewery spring to mind. They fired out so much promotional stuff telling us how wonderful the new system would be. They would have been better spending more time getting their databases and computer systems sorted out. 

Sounds about right. Spoke to a few pals and looks like we had 8 outings there, no one can remember it 😆

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Sounds about right. Spoke to a few pals and looks like we had 8 outings there, no one can remember it 😆

Wish I could forget most of my rounds.

I'm away to try the COVID App to see if they have my handicap index, can't find it anywhere else.

I've now got my handicap index from the Scottish Golf website. It is exactly the same as my old handicap, to the decimal point. Once I apply the slope rating and the handicap allowance of 95% I'll be playing off exactly the same as I was before. What a lot of fuss about nothing. :lol:

However, one of my pals has gone up by 5 shots :yikes3: so instead of giving him 7 shots, I'll now have to give him 12. I might need to contact the handicap secretary about him.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I've now got my handicap index from the Scottish Golf website. It is exactly the same as my old handicap, to the decimal point. Once I apply the slope rating and the handicap allowance of 95% I'll be playing off exactly the same as I was before. What a lot of fuss about nothing. :lol:

However, one of my pals has gone up by 5 shots :yikes3: so instead of giving him 7 shots, I'll now have to give him 12. I might need to contact the handicap secretary about him.

That’s a pretty good example of the system working, assuming the majority if not all of your scores were recorded at your home course?

7 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

That’s a pretty good example of the system working, assuming the majority if not all of your scores were recorded at your home course?

13 at home and 7 away. I think the big movers are folk who don't play many counting rounds. I usually play about 60 to 80 a year.

11 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

Bob MacIntyre wins in Cyprus 

That will be his place in the R2D top 60 sorted then. Well done to him.

I see Connor Syme moved up to 60th despite not making the cut. Only 19 players made the cut? What was all that about? I think he only has a couple of tournaments to play so he needs to do well in them. The only other Scot in the top 60 at the moment is Marc Warren

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That will be his place in the R2D top 60 sorted then. Well done to him.

I see Connor Syme moved up to 60th despite not making the cut. Only 19 players made the cut? What was all that about? I think he only has a couple of tournaments to play so he needs to do well in them. The only other Scot in the top 60 at the moment is Marc Warren

Think only top 32 made the Saturday with first two rounds scores reset, the top 16 and ties make the Sunday and scores reset again to make it a one round shoot out.

Think they said he’s 24th in R2D

4 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

Think only top 32 made the Saturday with first two rounds scores reset, the top 16 and ties make the Sunday and scores reset again to make it a one round shoot out.

Think they said he’s 24th in R2D

Aye he moved up 33 places to 24. 

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

He only missed the cut by one shot last year. Might be worth a punt?

I like having some long shot bets but not sure about that one.

Funnily enough that's why the MacIntyre question arose. I put a tiny bet on him for Masters at start of year so bet365 had him listed ?

17 minutes ago, fringo said:

I like having some long shot bets but not sure about that one.

Funnily enough that's why the MacIntyre question arose. I put a tiny bet on him for Masters at start of year so bet365 had him listed ?

Did you get good odds?:lol:

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Jon Rahm has had two hole in ones this week already. The one at the 16th is worth a watch. It's amazing what these guys can do with a golf ball.

Saw it yesterday. Incredible. 

Interestingly they were also discussing player stats in recent Masters and his record on par 4 & 5s is amongst the best but really terrible on par 3s.

If the last 48 hrs displays on par 3s is an indicator he'll win this year !