Golfers Forum. - Page 46 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Managed another round🙂 That's a good few since having brain tumour removed. Still a bit off balance at times but enjoying playing which is the main thing🙄. Will probably resort to being a fair weather player for the time being ( one step at a time). 

Got to admire those proper professionals who play in all conditions though.

• 1 month later...

Bob McIntyre just sneaks in to take the final entry spot into this week's WGC St Jude Invitational. Hope he can have a good weekend and show the US PGA that he's a genuine up and coming hot prospect.

47 minutes ago, Bristol Killie said:

Haven't played regularly since I left Scotland 20 odd year ago but have just joined Clevedon Golf Club down here. Looking forward to getting into it again. 

You should have a go on The Players Club course, which is down your way. Nice wee course to build up your confidence on.;)

2 minutes ago, Bristol Killie said:

Just had a look at that online. Might give a couple of years. 😬

We played it a while back, over 10 years ago now. I think they advertised it as the longest course in Europe or something like that? One hole was over 700 yards. It's a bit of a monster.

Our course is dead. 

Weed killer put on the greens instead of fertiliser and you can just imagine what’s happened. 

There’s no grass on them, completely destroyed and pretty much unplayable, but despite all that, my mate shot a course record 60 a couple of weeks ago 😂😂

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Our course is dead. 

Weed killer put on the greens instead of fertiliser and you can just imagine what’s happened. 

There’s no grass on them, completely destroyed and pretty much unplayable, but despite all that, my mate shot a course record 60 a couple of weeks ago 😂😂

Greenkeeper looking for alternative employment? Probably best not to ask for a reference.

What course is it, just so I don't book it by mistake.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Greenkeeper looking for alternative employment? Probably best not to ask for a reference.

What course is it, just so I don't book it by mistake.

No, he held his hands up and said he didn’t read the stuff he used. We’ve all made mistakes in our lives, this is a big one that’s affected our golf, but it’s not life threatening. Shit happens. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

No, he held his hands up and said he didn’t read the stuff he used. We’ve all made mistakes in our lives, this is a big one that’s affected our golf, but it’s not life threatening. Shit happens. 

Aye, you're right. He could be a perfectly good green keeper who made a really stupid mistake. He won't make that mistake again.

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, you're right. He could be a perfectly good green keeper who made a really stupid mistake. He won't make that mistake again.

He’ll get a right hoof in the bollocks if he does. 

But in all seriousness, it’s a monumental fuck up at work, but that’s all it is. Gonna cost sport Aberdeen a helluva lot to repair the course and it’s reputation, but I wouldn’t like to see someone lose their job over it (even though he’s a hun) 😂

Edit: I noticed you asked where it was, the video clip at the top of this page will reveal all and how it should look. 

Edited by dandydunn

Played a hell of a lot this summer, probably most I've played since I was a junior/youth member.

Working from home has really helped, as did pubs being shut/football being a no go.

Played 3 rounds there at the weekend at Barassie and West Kilbride and both in great nick. WK is where I grew up playing and it's never looked better.

Be hard to get a better view from a golf course in Scotland too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed the 100 plus courses a year for the 5th year running. Went round Scotland a few weeks ago .played Blair Atholl..Carrbridge.Nethy Bridge..Granton on Spey .Kings Inverness..Moray Old and New..Hopeman..Royal Tarlair.Duff House Royal..Balnagask in Aberdeen and last but defo not least Downfield in Dundee

Just on another week ..Darley in Troon..Machrie Bay.Corrie and Shiskine in Arran ..Macrihanish and Machrihanish Dunes..Kyles of Bute..Blairmore.Innellan and Cowal all near Dunoon.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, irnbruman said:

Just completed the 100 plus courses a year for the 5th year running. Went round Scotland a few weeks ago .played Blair Atholl..Carrbridge.Nethy Bridge..Granton on Spey .Kings Inverness..Moray Old and New..Hopeman..Royal Tarlair.Duff House Royal..Balnagask in Aberdeen and last but defo not least Downfield in Dundee

Just on another week ..Darley in Troon..Machrie Bay.Corrie and Shiskine in Arran ..Macrihanish and Machrihanish Dunes..Kyles of Bute..Blairmore.Innellan and Cowal all near Dunoon.

Marvellous stuff 👍🏽

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Marvellous stuff 👍🏽

I really liked Balnagask in Aberdeen. Just picked it on the morning .thought it was a cracking course in really good nick. Downfield in Dundee later that day was awesome. I thought Duff House Royal in Banff was way overated. Nice condition but a lot of similar holes.

1 hour ago, irnbruman said:

I really liked Balnagask in Aberdeen. Just picked it on the morning .thought it was a cracking course in really good nick. Downfield in Dundee later that day was awesome. I thought Duff House Royal in Banff was way overated. Nice condition but a lot of similar holes.

Yeah, Nigg is in fantastic condition just now. I’m now playing all my golf at Hazlehead as our course is at the start of major green renovation as they were ruined with fertiliser. Duff House is a nice course to play also. Couple of my pals were at downfield today. 

On 8/21/2020 at 11:05 PM, irnbruman said:

Did you enjoy Machrihanish and the Dunes ?

Connor Syme has been in the lead going into the last round two weeks in a row now. Both times he fell away in the last round. Yesterday he was still in with a good chance of winning with 5 holes to play, then dropped 4 shots in the last five holes to finish 8th equal. Must be the pressure of trying to get his first tour victory on the board? Hopefully he sees this as good experience rather than a bad experience.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 11:05 PM, irnbruman said:

Played Darley, Machrie, Shiskine, Machrihaish Dukes and Links.

What did you think of the Links - where did you go on the first?

Dukes was decent but as a links golfer I preferred the links.

Skiskine is an absolute gem of a course.