Golfers Forum. - Page 44 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think I should be pretty good at 5 yard chips. But that first drive is going to feel a wee bit strange. My first target is just to hit the ball.

If there’s a crossbar to aim for from about 20 feet with a lob wedge, I’m gonna be all over that 😂

My brother has a driving net in his garden, I may have to pay him a visit before I tee off again. 

14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Confirmed today that the golf Aberdeen run courses will be open from Friday 29th. Gonna be fun booking times on Tuesday 🙈

Still needs Nicola's final go ahead on Thursday. Should be OK though. No competitions yet and you can only have people from a maximum of two households in each group. Hopefully that bit will change after another three weeks.

47 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Still needs Nicola's final go ahead on Thursday. Should be OK though. No competitions yet and you can only have people from a maximum of two households in each group. Hopefully that bit will change after another three weeks.

Yeah, just got to do what we have to do just now. Stableford sweepers will be how we start with our group of boys, no point going back to play extra balls just now, just be glad to get out. 

On 5/25/2020 at 11:30 AM, dandydunn said:

7:48 booked for Saturday 😀🏌🏽‍♂️

All the courses open there DD, and how busy to get a tee off? Its mental here trying to book a game. Wife and I next Tuesday, weekend booked solid here..

11 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

All the courses open there DD, and how busy to get a tee off? Its mental here trying to book a game. Wife and I next Tuesday, weekend booked solid here..

Yesterday was brutal. The portal went online at midday and crashed immediately with no one able to get times. We eventually got later in the afternoon to accommodate all 12 of us. 

We also have a guaranteed time for a Saturday medal, but obviously only 2 can use that at the moment. One of the boys can’t manage it, so we only needed to scrape one public one for then, which we managed to get this morning, so all good so far. 

Need to try and get some stuff sorted for every day next week, I’ll be out everyday if I can and she’s more than happy to get a rid of me for a few hours. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Yesterday was brutal. The portal went online at midday and crashed immediately with no one able to get times. We eventually got later in the afternoon to accommodate all 12 of us. 

there was a long thread on facebook with everyone positively apoplectic at not getting a tee time....

calm doon lads its only a game there are bigger fish to fry ATM.... and BTW I'm a golfer...

52 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

there was a long thread on facebook with everyone positively apoplectic at not getting a tee time....

calm doon lads its only a game there are bigger fish to fry ATM.... and BTW I'm a golfer...

Correct. Some of the comments have been brilliant. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

We also have a guaranteed time for a Saturday medal, but obviously only 2 can use that at the moment. One of the boys can’t manage it, so we only needed to scrape one public one for then, which we managed to get this morning, so all good so far. 

Need to try and get some stuff sorted for every day next week, I’ll be out everyday if I can and she’s more than happy to get a rid of me for a few hours. 

Nice one. It's going to be like this for some time I believe. My wife and I get out every couple of weeks as most of my time is spent coaching football with my boys. We will have separate carts, as I refuse to walk 18 holes😉. I really enjoy golf, I can break 100 on a good day, not often mind you, but it's a nice break for my wife and I as she really enjoys aswell.. The rates have gone up aswell because of Covid, no surprise.. Anyhoo, enjoy yir round on the weekend big fella..👍

47 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Nice one. It's going to be like this for some time I believe. My wife and I get out every couple of weeks as most of my time is spent coaching football with my boys. We will have separate carts, as I refuse to walk 18 holes😉. I really enjoy golf, I can break 100 on a good day, not often mind you, but it's a nice break for my wife and I as she really enjoys aswell.. The rates have gone up aswell because of Covid, no surprise.. Anyhoo, enjoy yir round on the weekend big fella..👍

I’ll be happy to hit 80 on Friday & Saturday. Haven’t swung this year. Fuck taking the wife though, golf is an outlet 😆

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You and your wife take separate buggies (less of that American "cart" speak please) in case she turfs you out and makes you walk round? I think at least one of you must take this game a wee bit too serious. 

53 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You and your wife take separate buggies (less of that American "cart" speak please) in case she turfs you out and makes you walk round? I think at least one of you must take this game a wee bit too serious. 

Naw mate, its Covid, only 1 per "buggy". We dont take it serious, it s like a date in the afternoon. I always win anaw..😉

33 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Naw mate, its Covid, only 1 per "buggy". We dont take it serious, it s like a date in the afternoon. I always win anaw..😉

That's mental. Are you going in separate cars? Do you sleep in separate beds?

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's mental. Are you going in separate cars? Do you sleep in separate beds?

Are you thick ? Social distancing..1 person per golf cart. Is that clear enough for you? As far as bed. We sleep in the same bed with matching Celtic pyjamas...

Are you thick ? Social distancing..1 person per golf cart. Is that clear enough for you? As far as bed. We sleep in the same bed with matching Celtic pyjamas...

So you're from the same household but can't share a golf buggy?

23 minutes ago, bonzo said:

So you're from the same household but can't share a golf buggy?

Fuck me. Is it that complicated.  You "CANNOT" put 2 people in the same golf buggy because of the 6 feet distancing law here in Ottawa due to this wee pandemic called COVID 19.. Hopefully this explains it...😳😳😳

If I go to the off licence here in Ottawa with my wife, only one of us can enter the shop.. That is the law here.. I dont make the rules. As for the golf, they want to show that they are practicing safe distancing so yes,  its fuckin daft, she is my wife, we sleep in the same bed, but that is the rule just now...

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fuck me. Is it that complicated.  You "CANNOT" put 2 people in the same golf buggy because of the 6 feet distancing law here in Ottawa due to this wee pandemic called COVID 19.. Hopefully this explains it...😳😳😳

No while there's dugs on the street. 

Do you understand what I'm saying? You and your wife live together, probably drive together in the car to the golf course, then when you get outside you have to stay 6 feet apart. 

5 hours ago, bonzo said:

No while there's dugs on the street. 

Do you understand what I'm saying? You and your wife live together, probably drive together in the car to the golf course, then when you get outside you have to stay 6 feet apart. 

If you read my previous text, you will see that I apologized. This is  correct though. I asked as my wife and I are golfing tuesday, and was told one person per buggy.. It's crazy, as we are married, live together, sleep together, but the the rules are what they are. He is giving me the buggy half price.. We can't even get 2 buggys,  just one as the course is packed..

If you read my previous text, you will see that I apologized. This is  correct though. I asked as my wife and I are golfing tuesday, and was told one person per buggy.. It's crazy, as we are married, live together, sleep together, but the the rules are what they are. He is giving me the buggy half price.. We can't even get 2 buggys,  just one as the course is packed..

So, which one of you is walking then?