Golfers Forum. - Page 42 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Just coming up for my third year in a row playing over 100 different courses each year. Currently at 92. Probs have to wait till after the Israel trip for my 100th. Looking at different options..the 2 Macrahinish courses...abersoch and royal st davids at harlech ..close house near Newcastle or if my mate is able to come along go to Scarborough and Filey as we both worked at Butlins Filey in 1979. Loved Scarborough South Cliff golf course. 

• 1 month later...

Played my 100th course of the year at Royal St Davids in Harlech. Great value at 37.50 for a championship course. Cant see the sea for the sand dunes unless you climb the ladder at 16th tee but a fantastic setting with Harlech Castle dominating the course and Snowdonia in thr background. I found it really hard due to the length of the holes not being a big hitter. Last 9 holes tremendous.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up not long ago for a 3 day extravaganza at Carnoustie in April. Buddon on Friday, Burnside Saturday and Championship Sunday. 

Only played the Burnside before, so can’t wait to get onto all 3. Staying in the hotel too for a very reasonable price of about £250 all in. 

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Signed up not long ago for a 3 day extravaganza at Carnoustie in April. Buddon on Friday, Burnside Saturday and Championship Sunday. 

Only played the Burnside before, so can’t wait to get onto all 3. Staying in the hotel too for a very reasonable price of about £250 all in. 

That's a pretty good deal. A lot of folk will be paying that for just the golf. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That's a pretty good deal. A lot of folk will be paying that for just the golf. 

My dad and all his pals are playing the championship in September and are paying £180 alone for just the one round. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 1:49 AM, dandydunn said:

Apparently the Buddon is a very decent course now after the renovation work. 

• 1 month later...

Got a game today for the first time since November. Felt good to be out again on summer greens still, +2 at the turn and must’ve gotten tired on the way back to finish with a +10 78 🙈 treble bogey thrown in at the 10th for good measure. Up in the greenside par 3 in one, pitched down and just missed the putt on the way back, tapped it with the back of my putter to hole it, twice 😂 put it a foot past and rolled it in for a 6 🛎🔚

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

David Law just won the Handa Vic open in Australia on the European tour. Incredible eagle at the last for his maiden victory, life changing for him now  

Well done lad 👏🏽👏🏽

you forgot to say for the non golfers that he's scottish and more importantly an Aberdonian

49 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

David Law just won the Handa Vic open in Australia on the European tour. Incredible eagle at the last for his maiden victory, life changing for him now  

Well done lad 👏🏽👏🏽

Aye, fantastic result for him. That win will qualify him for about as many tournaments as he wants to play in this year. Biggest career prize money for him by a mile. 156,000 euros is an excellent start to retaining his tour card for next year. 

Another decent week for young Scottish golfers, as two Scots (Robert MacIntyre and Connor Syme) have qualified for the matchplay phase of the World Super 6 in Australia. At least one Scot will be in the last 16 knock-out round as they play against each other in Round One. The winner will play Paul Dunne in the next round. Good luck to them both.

• 2 weeks later...

Havibg done over 100 courses each year for last 3 years ..was thinking it would be too difficult this year ..but February weather have mr the chance to get 9 in. Playing courses at winter rates that are much more expenive in summer ..so far ..Bradford (excellent) Heswall .way too expensive for an ordinary course ..Ringway near Manch airport ..seems to be home of footballers and against way too expensive for plain course..Northumberland Golf Club..lovely course with many holes in moorland in middle of Newcastle raccecouse..Headingley ..really good ..Scarcroft near Leeds excellent..Harrogate excellent ..Formby Ladies ..really good but the best was Ganton near Scarborough ..60 quid in winter .at leat double in summer ..some of the bunkers should have lifts instead of stairs ..brilliant but difficult .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How’s everyone getting on this season then? Had to cancel my trip to Carnoustie due to buying a house being apparently more important 🙄

I’m now nearing my end of season aim of being in single figures, got a 1.4 cut last week to get down to 10.3, an all time low. Blew up by bogeying 5 out of the last 6 holes to finish with an 8 over 79. 

Had a slam dunk eagle on the par 5 4th hole and chipped in on the 11th as well. 

Mustve stood on some dogshit before I started 😂

Oh, I also started with a +4 8, bit I’m not talking about that 🙈

19 hours ago, davierobbsagod said:

which course ? balnagask ,Links ,Auchmill, McKenzie...?

Links I play at. Been a member at Bon Accord since a was a bairn. Fogged off today, waited about for an hour and a half for it to lift, it didn’t, then as I was leaving and gave up, the fog lifted and the tee was swarming with bodies. Couldn’t be arsed waiting any longer. 

On 6/14/2019 at 7:37 PM, dandydunn said:

How’s everyone getting on this season then?

After steadily going upwards for the last couple of years managed a decent round in the pissing rain yesterday, 38 points in the Stableford with 2 no scorers, good enough for second place.

More importantly cut from 10.9 to 10.1 

• 1 month later...

Young Bob MacIntyre has been hitting the headlines at the Open this week. Only Scot to make the cut after a good first round, although a slightly disappointing round two, and got into an argument with Kyle Stanley about Stanley not shouting fore when the ball was heading to the crowd. Good to see on both counts.

8 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Young Bob MacIntyre has been hitting the headlines at the Open this week. Only Scot to make the cut after a good first round, although a slightly disappointing round two, and got into an argument with Kyle Stanley about Stanley not shouting fore when the ball was heading to the crowd. Good to see on both counts.

Russell Knox also made the cut. 

Good on MacIntyre for taking him to task on it. Seems to be a growing problem in the US - The PGA had to issue a public reminder to all pros about it recently. In America there will be obvious implications for litigation if they don't. 

Edited by biffer

4 hours ago, biffer said:

Russell Knox also made the cut. 

Good on MacIntyre for taking him to task on it. Seems to be a growing problem in the US - The PGA had to issue a public reminder to all pros about it recently. In America there will be obvious implications for litigation if they don't. 

Oh aye, forgot about Knox. Probably because sky showed even less of him yesterday than they did MacIntyre.

Edited by wee-toon-red

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Oh aye, forgot about Knox. Probably because sky showed even less of him yesterday than they did MacIntyre.

I didn't even watch it, but I'm guessing that it's still all about Tiger?

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I didn't even watch it, but I'm guessing that it's still all about Tiger?

It was tiger and Rory for the first two days. Didn’t see much of it today so not sure if there was anyone undeservedly singled out for coverage or not.

I’m loving this years Open. Played it 6 years ago and as a group we all thought it way better the RCD. It might get my interest in playing sparked as I’ve played twice in 12 months which simply isn’t good enough for someone who loved and breathed the game a few years back.