Golfers Forum. - Page 40 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Just now, fringo said:

Just saw that. Great effort, especially after missing two decent birdie chances on 15 & 16 and good par save at 17.

Looked nervy with the putter towards the end but cracking birdie to finish when realistically he would have been happy with a par 

Fantastic result for young Connor. Really pleased for him. He has has missed loads of cuts by one or two shots this year. This is what he needed to get himself going. He is now second top Scot in the Race to Dubai. Only Steven Gallagher ahead of him. He is ahead of Ritchie Ramsay and Mark Warren. He will be buzzin' tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed a wee trip round Scotland at 16 different courses..mixture of 9 and 18 hole courses.

Bonar Bridge ..lovely wee 9.

Helmsdale ..9 holes ..layout ok but terrible condition.one man and his dug lookin after it.

Lybster ..9 holes ..bit boring and confusibg layout

Wick ..really good links 18 holes

Reay ..18 holes loved it. Brilliant course and views.

Brora..18 holes ..links ..excellent course.

Strathpeffer..18 holes loved it ..very hilly front 9 ..stunning views.

Gairloch..9 holes..holiday golf but par 5 eighth some hole.

Lochcarron..9 holes..shyte and got soaked .only rain of my trip.

Isle of Skye ..9 holes ..average course but nice views.

Skeabost ..glorified pitch and putt but lovely walk in the hotel grounds and waterfall behind trees stunning.

Traigh..9 holes ..loved it ..views incredible over beach.

Lochgilphead..very enjoyable 9 holer.

Dunaverty ..18 holes .loved it. Views and course excellent.

Carradale ..gorgeous 9 holer as remote as can be.

Tarbert..9 holer enjoyed it.

17 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

Lochgilphead..very enjoyable 9 holer.

Dunaverty ..18 holes .loved it. Views and course excellent.

Carradale ..gorgeous 9 holer as remote as can be.

Tarbert..9 holer enjoyed it.

Did you not fancy Machrihanish or Mach Dunes while you were in the area?

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Did you not fancy Machrihanish or Mach Dunes while you were in the area?

I didnt have time. Had a look at both courses..probs do them later in year when a wee bit cheaper.

18 hours ago, irnbruman said:

I didnt have time. Had a look at both courses..probs do them later in year when a wee bit cheaper.

Fair enough. Dunaverty and Carradale aren't bad alternatives anyway, great wee courses but pretty different to the "bigger" two.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, biffer said:

Russel Knox. Great round of 66 to get into the playoff and balls of steel to land a 35 foot putt to win the Irish open. Good lad. 

Aye great result. That should move him up the rankings a wee bit.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye great result. That should move him up the rankings a wee bit.

Joint 2nd last week in France as well, two cracking putts on 72nd and play off holes 

No been on this part of the board for ages.

Hardly played this year but when I have my form has been weird. I’ve dropped from 3.7 to 2.3 in the 5 competitive rounds I’ve played with one buffer and 4 drops in handicap when css has been high so I’ve been hammered. My course is in the best condition I’ve ever seen in my 40 years there but I’m struggling to find time to play with new job and family stuff going on. I did however get a game at Close House Colt course last week which was in fantastic nick but it’s a total fucking goat track.

Connor Syme has just had a fantastic finish to his Scottish Open. After carding a course record on Friday to make the cut by a fair margin, he didn't score too well on Saturday. He was having a poorish last round, today, until finishing with 5 birdies in the last six holes to finish 8 under for the week. He will be high as a kite after that finish. Not good enough to get him into the Open next week though.

Anyone going to Carnoustie ?

Just played Ashudie/Monfifieth again today which is just 2-3 courses back to back along the coast.

Incredibly dry, fast running fairways.

I think it could be a cracker here.

Was at the practice day yesterday and the course is baked so the balls are running on a fair bit though not always in the right direction.

Saw most of the "big guns" yesterday but by far the best moment was when we were standing at a tee and Todd Hamilton wandered up with no playing partners, none of the kids had a scooby who he was and he was joking with them about why didn't they want him to autograph there souvenir golf ball, one wee boy handed his over and then Todd said to boy and his Dad do want to walk some holes with me so they got through the ropes and onto the course which I thought was class. Saw Todd and and his caddy later on in the town eating fish suppers sitting a bench.