Today's S F A Email - Ticket Pick Up - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today's S F A Email - Ticket Pick Up

Ormond

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, just got that email. Absolute bloody nightmare - a 40 km round trip (by taxi which will cost a fortune) or hoping that I get to the ground early enough on the Hotel Eva buses to collect there.

Really not happy with the SFA.

They are saying there is no pick up at the ground though.

They are saying there is no pick up at the ground though.

There from 6pm

Where RIA PARK HOTEL

Vale do Lobo

8135 – 951 Almancil

Portugal

When SATURDAY 10 OCTOBER 2015

 6pm until 9pm

SUNDAY 11 OCTOBER 2015

 11am until 4pm

Where ESTADIO DO ALGARVE PORTUGAL

Parque das Cidades

8135 - 014 Almancil

When  6pm until kick-off

There from 6pm

Where RIA PARK HOTEL

Vale do Lobo

8135 – 951 Almancil

Portugal

When SATURDAY 10 OCTOBER 2015

 6pm until 9pm

SUNDAY 11 OCTOBER 2015

 11am until 4pm

Where ESTADIO DO ALGARVE PORTUGAL

Parque das Cidades

8135 - 014 Almancil

When  6pm until kick-off

Aye, I just read it properly. What a tit I am. :rolleyes:

Bound to be a queue given the location of the Saturday pick up.

Need to hope the busses get to the ground well ahead of kick off.

Not a good move by the SSC this time round.

I'm leaving early Monday morning for London, flying up to Glasgow Wednesday then back to London Friday morning to catch faro flight. If I hadn't opted to collect I'd only really have a 3 day maximum window for ticket to arrive and I just ting have that amount of faith in the Royal Mail.

Picking up is marginally the lesser of two evils for me it seems.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

A pick up point which is 16 miles from Albufeira and 12 miles from Faro with only a 3 hour period on Saturday night and 5 hours on Sunday is a bit of a joke tbh. I know there's a pick up at the ground but with the location of the first 2 pick ups then the ques are likely to be massive.

Most people will be booked on supporters buses going mostly(going by on here)from Faro or Albufeira, who is really going to be going to the hotel on Sunday to go all the way back again to catch there bus to the game

I have received the same email as discussed above, but what it doesn't make clear is, (unless i am missing something) have I to assume that by getting this email with the collection instructions that I have been selected to pick up in person ?

It is not a major issue, in fact if I have been selected it's a bit of a god send as I am actually staying in Vale Do Lobo about 500 yards from the Ria Park Hotel, although that's not the issue, it's the fact that the email mentions posting out tickets today and pick up instructions for over there, with no clear definition of which category I am in

I have received the same email as discussed above, but what it doesn't make clear is, (unless i am missing something) have I to assume that by getting this email with the collection instructions that I have been selected to pick up in person ?

It is not a major issue, in fact if I have been selected it's a bit of a god send as I am actually staying in Vale Do Lobo about 500 yards from the Ria Park Hotel, although that's not the issue, it's the fact that the email mentions posting out tickets today and pick up instructions for over there, with no clear definition of which category I am in

That's a general email , those to collect get a different one

The more I look into this, the more angry I'm getting. Taxi fares are coming in at around €50 return to get to the hotel to pick up my ticket and there is no way to get there by public transport. Pick ups at the ground are going to be a nightmare because no-one is going to go to the stupid hotel.

Raging.