Refereeing - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Refereeing

dave the bankie

Not being a Rugby Fan , I have been impressed by the Refs and Their Helpers and the discipline of Players to decsions that they thought were probably dodgy , Fitba can learn a lot from the standards set so far , and a good win again after a bad first half

Not being a Rugby Fan , I have been impressed by the Refs and Their Helpers and the discipline of Players to decsions that they thought were probably dodgy , Fitba can learn a lot from the standards set so far , and a good win again after a bad first half

Like anybody, they do make mistakes but to me the big difference is that the pundits and commentators don't make a big issue of it. And more crucially the players are not allowed to. That is the main thing fitba could learn from rugby - punish the players if they argue with the ref.

Having said that, the officials have clearly been instructed to help the host nation get to the later stages of the tournament. The Aussies will be well prepared for having a lot of decisions go against them in that match. It will be a big test for their discipline.

Well that went to plan then last night.

If he had given them any more dodgy decisions it would have looked too obvious. Wales were very clever to wait until so late in the game to take the lead so as to make it harder for the ref to influence the result. These Welsh rugby folk are no daft. They know the score.