Unionist Billboards - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Unionist Billboards

My mum was a "no" voter. However she would go mental whenever agreed BT buzz words were pulled into statements - "separatism", "pool and share our resources" etc. I told her it just showed how closely linked in the campaign Labour, Tories and Liberals were as all to a man used the same script. And Labour (and the Liberals) wonder what happened to them in the aftermath of the referendum........

:worried:

He should just call it what it is; a union flag-waving britfest designed to antagonise and girfu supporters of independence. Expect scores of tattooed -nuts waving the UJ, singing Rule Brittania and GSTQ and intimidating anyone who comes within 100 yards of George Square.

Edited by redstevie007

:worried:

He should just call it what it is; a union flag-waving britfest designed to antagonise and girfu supporters of independence. Expect scores of tattooed -nuts waving the UJ, singing Rule Brittania and GSTQ and intimidating anyone who comes within 100 yards of George Square.

Scores? I'd be amazed if there's more than half a dozen people turning up

Anyone know who's idea it was to start calling independence "separatism"?

Was it Broon?

Go on Hansards website and look up the many debates on proposed Scottish and Welsh devolution from the 1970s.

Plenty of Tory and Labour MP's were banging on about "separatism" back then. The worst culprit has to be the late Eric Heffer of the Labour Party, by christ did he hate Scotland and Wales with a passion !

Also using the phrase were Dennis Cannavan and Jim Sillars :-)) Oh well, at least they "saw the light" eventually.

It was important for Project Fear to constantly taint the Yes campaign with negative smears.

They decided early on never to use the word 'independence', because that inferred something positive. Also the 'cybernat' lies were a Project Fear invention, spread by a complaint media to give the impression of extremism.

Darling was right at the heart of it all.

A bunch of lickspittle uncle McTom khunts, each and every one of them.

As someone said earlier there seems to be a bit of fear from the Westminster Unionists

Mundell today was clearly trying to bolster the No voters from last year by implying they are being ignored

One of my favourite pictures from last year - or was this from the GE?

Anyway, it's a great picture that's gives you great hope for the future.

It was from the GE, happened when Nicola Sturgeon visited Greenock. I witnessed it first hand, wee lass played a blinder.

The two unionist gents are convicted felons, so she was a brave wee lassie.

The two gents in question were out for a reaction, needless to say they didn't get it. The over whelming feeling for them was pity.

My own wee girl still talks about the day she met the "First Lady".