Bagpipes Banned From World Cup Venies - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bagpipes Banned From World Cup Venies

RenfrewBlue

That's outrageous. Have Tweeted my disgust to the RWC.

The article talks about the pipes in the same category as a Vuvusela.

Quite frankly if it's taught in the British Army it should be good enough for the RWC.

Hopefully this is just blown out of proportion.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

They're not banned. They're on the restricted items list - the same as every other musical instrument. You can take them in but you may be asked to stop if you're deemed to be spoiling the experience for others.

Hmmmm, who does the deeming?

Good to know that they are not banned. Is there an official source for the "Restricted Items"?

J

Tell you what, stick it in this website and see if it helps

Www.Google.co.UK

Well I'll be. This Google website you speak of is amazing!

Found this for others who are interested.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/ticketing/t-c

c) brings or attempts to bring into a Venue, possesses or uses within a Venue any Restricted Item which, in the reasonable opinion of an Authorised Person, might compromise or otherwise interfere with the enjoyment or comfort of any person at the Venue, such as, without limitation, large flags, banners and flag poles, oversized hats, large umbrellas, noisemakers such as vuvuzelas and whistles, horns, air horns, drums, rattles, and musical instruments;

Also

is noticeably under the influence of alcohol - never seen anyone like that at a rugby match.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Are pipers banned at Murrayfield ?

Don't know. Massed pipe and drums are great. I practiced side drum for a few years in a pipe band. Never made it to competition but played during march passing. Single pipers, the sound goes right through me.