Microsoft Outlook - Technical Support - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Microsoft Outlook

Flora MaDonald

Could be any one of umpteen problems. Have you tried accessing e-mail from a different computer or e-mail client or via your phone (ideally on the same internet connection)? If it's working OK there then it's probably a fault with Outlook, if not then more likely a fault with either your internet service, e-mail service or settings (or possibly a virus).

It might just be a server outage so before you fiddle with any setting check your e-mail provider website & check their status update section.

Could be any one of umpteen problems. Have you tried accessing e-mail from a different computer or e-mail client or via your phone (ideally on the same internet connection)? If it's working OK there then it's probably a fault with Outlook, if not then more likely a fault with either your internet service, e-mail service or settings (or possibly a virus).

It might just be a server outage so before you fiddle with any setting check your e-mail provider website & check their status update section.

Cheers, Huddersfield. There are 2 users on the computer. Switched user, and the other one works fine (same internet connection obviously).

Cheers, Huddersfield. There are 2 users on the computer. Switched user, and the other one works fine (same internet connection obviously).

If you've got the e-mails fine from a different account then it does sound like an issue with how Outlook is installed/configured on that particular account. There's a few options here:

http://www.yodot.com/outlook-pst-repair/outlook-was-unable-to-complete-this-request.html

I don't want to suggest anything too dramatic as I can't see the laptop but running a virus scan, re-entering settings & possibly reinstalling Outlook might solve it. Others more knowledgeable than me might have better ideas!