Crisps - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I have to say, as countries go, the U.K. has the biggest and best variety of crisps in the world. Speaking as someone who has had crisps in many continents. We definitely have the greatest variety.

J

l have to agree with you on that the crisps that you get abroad are rank tasteless bought a multi pack of brannigans mustard and roast beef brilliant

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rarely eat crisps but enjoyed a packet of root vegetable crisps the other day. Beetroot, sweet potato and parsnip used, rather than white potatoes.

Braw :)

Aldi quite often do that sort of thing. Their beetroot ones are alright, but the sweet potato and plantain ones are fantastic. Go under the name of "Glennans" I think.

Aldi quite often do that sort of thing. Their beetroot ones are alright, but the sweet potato and plantain ones are fantastic. Go under the name of "Glennans" I think.

Will have a look when i next do my shopping. Cheers :ok:

Neither. Just shitey Yank bread. The bread really is pish over here. The crisps aren't much better. Three flavours are all they do here. Plain, cheesey kinds or barbecue.

Yeah agree the bread over that way is awful. And crisp variety limited. I'm sure it was ruffles we used to get and the flavour was "All Dressed" they were brilliant

I know, I know. Crisps are my Achilles Heel though. Couldn't give them up, and these low cal bastards work with my new diet.

J

a packet o square crisps or something is better than that shit hahaha

Surprised nobody's mentioned this yet but most of the items discussed are not crisps. Crisps are thinly sliced fried potatoes. Wheat,maize or re-consituted potatoes are not crisps they are snacks and that includes Pringles which are shit.

You can buy proper crisps in supermarkets in Portugal in a sort of clear wrapper that are real crisps,like crisps we used to buy here before they done all the 40% less fat nonsense. Eat a packet of those and your hands and face will be smeared with oil (and presumably you arteries), proper crisps.

Surprised nobody's mentioned this yet but most of the items discussed are not crisps. Crisps are thinly sliced fried potatoes. Wheat,maize or re-consituted potatoes are not crisps they are snacks and that includes Pringles which are shit.

You can buy proper crisps in supermarkets in Portugal in a sort of clear wrapper that are real crisps,like crisps we used to buy here before they done all the 40% less fat nonsense. Eat a packet of those and your hands and face will be smeared with oil (and presumably you arteries), proper crisps.

Wish there was a like button

• 6 years later...

I remember when I was in my teens there was a Sunday market in Paisley . It sold all sorts of shit, it would be shut down by health and safety these days, but I remember buying bags of wee square hard things and when you put them in the chip pan they expanded to about 5 times their size , they were a bit like prawn crackers but were square shaped. It was like a magic trick 😁 Anyone remember them ?