Crisps - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I remember when I was in my teens there was a Sunday market in Paisley . It sold all sorts of shit, it would be shut down by health and safety these days, but I remember buying bags of wee square hard things and when you put them in the chip pan they expanded to about 5 times their size , they were a bit like prawn crackers but were square shaped. It was like a magic trick 😁 Anyone remember them ?

Aye, they had them in saltcoats market too. As you say a cross between square crisps and prawn crackers. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I remember when I was in my teens there was a Sunday market in Paisley . It sold all sorts of shit, it would be shut down by health and safety these days, but I remember buying bags of wee square hard things and when you put them in the chip pan they expanded to about 5 times their size , they were a bit like prawn crackers but were square shaped. It was like a magic trick 😁 Anyone remember them ?

I mind of them from Ingilston Sunday market. It did seem a magic trick. Never quite the same highlight at home😂

12 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Aye, they had them in saltcoats market too. As you say a cross between square crisps and prawn crackers. 

Yeah, they were like Smith square crisps 😁

7 minutes ago, Jon Cutler said:

I mind of them from Ingilston Sunday market. It did seem a magic trick. Never quite the same highlight at home😂

😂 no, it wasn’t . And you had to eat them whilst they were still warm as they they tasted like shit when they cooled down. Especially if  you used blocks of cooking fat and not oil in the chip pan.