Crisps - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Favourite now is spicy tomato wheat crunchies,difficult to track down though.

Couldn't possibly pick an all time favourite as my dad used to drive a delivery truck for a couple of confectionary companies and let's just say the odd box used to get burst now and again.

But we all tended to go for puffs,meanies,space raiders.

I remember you used to get more of a wheat based kind too,cone shaped,sure they were a BBQ flavour it something like that,they were good.

Favourite now is spicy tomato wheat crunchies,difficult to track down though.

Couldn't possibly pick an all time favourite as my dad used to drive a delivery truck for a couple of confectionary companies and let's just say the odd box used to get burst now and again.

But we all tended to go for puffs,meanies,space raiders.

I remember you used to get more of a wheat based kind too,cone shaped,sure they were a BBQ flavour it something like that,they were good.

bugels?

Brannigans roast beef and mustard

Roysters t bone steak

Walkers worcester sauce

M & S roast beef (mind these about 15 years ago but not seen them in years)

One post in and someone names the worst crisps ever! They taste like (I'd imagine) feet and smell worse. :barf:

I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes tae Crisps. Ah don't like ma crisp being mucked aboot wi too much. Ergo, in current markets the King of crisps is yer Walkers Roast Chicken. Traditional crisp and a flavour with real longevity. Outside of yer common as muck imposters like cheese n onion and Salt n Vinegar it must be one of the most enduring flavours.

Given tho that Walkers crisps werenae aboot when ah was a wean, ah'll give you Smiths Salt n Shake. Loved them. Ah used tae add extra salt tho coz there was never enough in the wee bag.

If I deviated at all from the standard crisp it was probably to the delights of KP Mini Chips. They were moreish as hell.

They used to do a Mexican Chilli flavour too. Not seen them in ages.

The best crisps on earth.

The vending machine in my office has them - most shops just seem to stock the communal garden flavours (steak, salt n vinegar and cheese n onion). Barry's Convenience Store in Cathcart might stock them - Barry has a delightfully non-conventional range - Brannigan's, Space Raiders (not really crisps I suppose) and KP Mini Chips.