Dickheads In The Queue At Central Station - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dickheads In The Queue At Central Station

TartanTokyo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TartanTokyo, on 08 Sept 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

I said "reasonable" people. We traveled together and arrived at the station together. Common sense for me to join the queue and wait for them. I explained this to those next to me. Not, as you suggest, they happened to spot me and jump in.

Can see why people reading this are having a laugh so not sure why I am even explaining this. Been a few years since I have taken your bait on here.

No bait here, mate. Just an observation. If you all wanted to queue together then you should've waited until they were ready to queue. Expecting folk to be okay with additional people joining the queue in front of them, just because they are mates with you, is a bit ridiculous.

Your inability to see an alternative opinion to your own, maybe helps to explain why you got in to a fight with someone. Still, i'm sure you have a glengarry with loads of badges on it and big feather in it and you went to the Kirin Cup games, so you're obviously an amazing fan.

As I see it if your mate keeps your place in the queue I have no worry about one person joining back at that same point. I mean come on one person is not preventing you (a place behind in the queue) getting on the same train. Hell that type of queueing etiquette exists anywhere. How many times are you queuing at check-outs then one person in front (in a couple) nips away to get something they've forgot and rush away and bring it back to put in their basket. You don't get all aeriated and tell that person to get to the back of the queue - certainly not. Seems like this was a case of those getting all precious were on alcohol overload mode.

I've never been in a fight in my life, brother :ok:

Ha Ha.

Maybe not a fisty one but you've been a few wordy ones!!

:-))

Got me thinking, I reckon the last time I was in a proper fight was about 30 years ago.

Although I only have the Kiev police force to thank for keeping that record in tact!!

As I see it if your mate keeps your place in the queue I have no worry about one person joining back at that same point. I mean come on one person is not preventing you (a place behind in the queue) getting on the same train. Hell that type of queueing etiquette exists anywhere. How many times are you queuing at check-outs then one person in front (in a couple) nips away to get something they've forgot and rush away and bring it back to put in their basket. You don't get all aeriated and tell that person to get to the back of the queue - certainly not. Seems like this was a case of those getting all precious were on alcohol overload mode.

That's a totally different situation. if someone has been in a queue, and then nips away, leaving a partner to hold a place, then fair enough. But the OP has described a situation where he arrived at Central Station and only he joined the queue while his mates (plural) went elsewhere. Therefore they should have joined at the back like everyone else. I would have objected if they tried to get in the place in front of me. Just ignorant selfish behaviour, and I don't care if the one guy joining says up front that BTW his mates will be joining him later. No they phuking won't my friend, and we may fall out if they try.

I have found TT to be a funny and intelligent poster in the past, however on this occasion I think he was in the wrong, along with his selfish dickhead mates.

I thought TT and his mates had all been in the queue, some left to go to the bog and returned.

It now seems TT joined the queue while his mates were at the toilet, then they tried to jump in with him when they arrived at the queue.

If it's the 1st, I'm team TT

If it's the latter, I can see why it got folks backs up.

There are dicks everywhere, especially with a drink in them, and as much as we'd like it to be, just because they support the same team, doesn't make them any less likely to be a dick.

I've met some of the friendliest folk following Scotland, but also occasionally come across some absolute roasters!

In fact I experienced both ends of the spectrum last night alone!

I thought TT and his mates had all been in the queue, some left to go to the bog and returned.

It now seems TT joined the queue while his mates were at the toilet, then they tried to jump in with him when they arrived at the queue.

If it's the 1st, I'm team TT

If it's the latter, I can see why it got folks backs up.

There are dicks everywhere, especially with a drink in them, and as much as we'd like it to be, just because they support the same team, doesn't make them any less likely to be a dick.

I've met some of the friendliest folk following Scotland, but also occasionally come across some absolute roasters!

In fact I experienced both ends of the spectrum last night alone!

Spot on. :ok:

We traveled together and arrived at the station together. Common sense for me to join the queue and wait for them. I explained this to those next to me. Not, as you suggest, they happened to spot me and jump in.

TT seems to think that it was OK for his pals to jump in as long as he warned the people behind him what was about to happen. I beg to differ. He also mentions elsewhere 'putting their hands on my mates' or something similar. I expect this was people quite rightly pushing his pals out of the queue when they refused to go to the back. And then somebody started swinging actual punches..................

If I'm in the wrong fair enough. I'm certainly not proud of how it all unfurled but I wouldn't have had an issue if someone else had been in my shoes and, obviously wrongly, assumed others would have seen it the same way. I definitely didn't expect the reaction of some and didn't take kindly to being shoved around and people screaming in my face over such a minor thing. Especially as It was all well meaning.

Parklife, just so that you can sleep easily tonight, I'm not more or less of a fan than anyone else and I've never owned a Glengarry or a feather although I did borrow a Boa once for a fancy dress party. That really has nothing to do with this though. A bit like your comment.

If I'm in the wrong fair enough. I'm certainly not proud of how it all unfurled but I wouldn't have had an issue if someone else had been in my shoes and, obviously wrongly, assumed others would have seen it the same way. I definitely didn't expect the reaction of some and didn't take kindly to being shoved around and people screaming in my face over such a minor thing. Especially as It was all well meaning.

FFS man ! We're never going to make double figures if you start acting all reflective and humble and level-headed about this :angry: .

Parklife thinks you're his bitch :wtf:

Whatcha gonna do about it ?

P.S. - Fair play to you. Maybe you overdid the standing up for your mates a bit. Life goes on. Plant a smile on your face and be happy.

I definitely didn't expect the reaction of some and didn't take kindly to being shoved around and people screaming in my face over such a minor thing. Especially as It was all well meaning.

I think that's a fair point.

A lot of people seem to be constantly simmering away at just below raging and ready to explode at the slightest thing!

I accidentally pulled out in front of someone yesterday, immediately put up an apologetic hand, but the guy was tooting, waving, frothing at the mouth.

It's bizarre!

A lot of people seem to be constantly simmering away at just below raging and ready to explode at the slightest thing!

I accidentally pulled out in front of someone yesterday, immediately put up an apologetic hand, but the guy was tooting, waving, frothing at the mouth.

It's bizarre!

It would of annoyed me if folk jumped the queue like that but I would of reacted via tutting, passive aggression and snarky comments like a real man.

TartanTokyo, on 08 Sept 2015 - 3:13 PM, said:

Parklife, just so that you can sleep easily tonight, I'm not more or less of a fan than anyone else and I've never owned a Glengarry or a feather although I did borrow a Boa once for a fancy dress party. That really has nothing to do with this though. A bit like your comment.

:ok:

Maybe i wrongly stereotyped you. There are many folk in our support who think that because they're massive fans and dress like they're going to the battle of Culloden, they can do what they want. To me, your OP read like one of those people. Apologies.

sbcmfc, on 08 Sept 2015 - 3:31 PM, said:

It's bizarre!

That was you?!?! Ya bassa. I'm still fecking raging about that!

It's bizarre!

If someone pulls out like that on me (assuming neither of us in danger or just avoided a head on as a result) I don't mind as long as I get a wee wave. If however someone pulls out and then doesn't acknowledge it I give a little toot. This is more often than not completely ignored but on occasion is met with hulk like rage from the perpetrator.........