Atmosphere Shite - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atmosphere Shite

GSbraveheart

Just arrived home from tblisi, had a great time and thought city was brilliant.

However atmosphere at the match was zero. pubs before were good fun and a good sing song, but match was just dire.

fair enough we lost goal in first half but surely it should be our job to get even more behind the team, people just seemed to loose interest or be too pished.

Think a lot of factors contributed.... Heat and beer comparitivly small crowd spread out all over the place half empty stadium them the utter crap performance... I know we play a part in giving the players a lift but surely they have to do there part in lifting us up and giving us a reason to sing but IMO there was nothing in the whole game and not one player that looked arsed about the game and think that spread to us...... But hopefully the players will get the biggest arse kick under strachan and come out fighting in Monday then the whole of the crowd will be lifted

My first sober Scotland away match. A novel experience. (I was suffering hire doubly from the night before & couldn't take any drink apart from ice cold water). I agree nerves, spread out and the utter dirge on the pitch.

Also though, how noisy were the Georgians everytime we had a free kick? Made my ears ring and the stadium was only half fool.

J

I don't think the atmosphere was "shite" it went a bit flat in the Scotland end from time to time but I'd put that down to nerves and an uninspiring performance on the pitch.

It was also the smallest away allocation of the campaign.

The folk I saw in the stadium didn't seem exceptionally steaming either - compared to other Scotland ends I've been in both home and away.

Poorest away atmosphere for a long time. Agree that team performance helps to lift support but we also need to play our part in helping lift team. There were guys around us shouting insults at team from about 15 mins on that were totally out of order - as was the 'supporter' couple rows back who was heard to say 'never thought I'd see the day we had a black guy playing for us' - totally outrageous. Seemed to me to be a lot of new faces about too,

Most sober I've seen an away crowd for a while so that would put to bed the claims that people were too drunk to create an atmosphere.

I'd put it down to the heat, the performance and maybe a bit of jetlag. Took me 22 to hours from my house to the hotel. That's bound to take it out of people.

As mentioned some of the abuse shouted was embarrassing. The performance we witnessed was far from applaud them off the park stuff but, I don't agree with booing the team either.

Number one, it wont solve anything and two I very much doubt any player went out there to lose or enjoyed it.

Took me 22 to hours from my house to the hotel.

I don't agree with booing the team either.

Not a pop by any means, however I can (Not saying it was right). The effort and commitment shown by yourself (and many more) just to be there, as you've evidenced above, really should expect better. When in fact it was worse than awful.

Factoring in zero shots on target, little (evident) application/enthusiasm and poor deliveries, with backward/sideways and intercepted passes being the norm for (almost) the 90 mins - I completely get why individuals might boo at being short changed. (These are professionals not our under 8's team after all)

I'm not sure how the booing came across on the TV though. I personally didn't think it was overly loud in the ground?

My lack of hearing however, could have been compounded by their ridiculously low alcohol pricing structure!!! :lol::lol::lol:

To see fellow fans shouting at the players to f*ck off and calling them a disgrace when they came over at full time to applaud us wasn't a great sight. Some of our fans seem to think because they have paid money to travel they are entitled to see Scotland win comfortably and the atmosphere to be great etc.

Those regular to away games know this is far from the case. We pay our money because we want to watch our national team live and not know what is going to happen next, sometimes you get your moneys worth.. sometimes you don't. The game only lasts 90mins and I am sure most had a great trip despite the result.

Anyone who thinks because they had to do a few hours overtime or some take unpaid leave to see the game means they somehow deserve to see Scotland win needs a shake.

To see fellow fans shouting at the players to f*ck off and calling them a disgrace when they came over at full time to applaud us wasn't a great sight. Some of our fans seem to think because they have paid money to travel they are entitled to see Scotland win comfortably and the atmosphere to be great etc.

Those regular to away games know this is far from the case. We pay our money because we want to watch our national team live and not know what is going to happen next, sometimes you get your moneys worth.. sometimes you don't. The game only lasts 90mins and I am sure most had a great trip despite the result.

Anyone who thinks because they had to do a few hours overtime or some take unpaid leave to see the game means they somehow deserve to see Scotland win needs a shake.

Wasn't the fact that we lost that me and hundreds of other fans peed off was the fact of how we lost And how the players played.....myself and every other person spent a lot of money and time to attend the game all we ask for is the same effort from these proffesional sportsmen who as a group showed no emotion or desire to even attempt to win this game if every player or at least 80% of them put a shift in and we lost then fair enough but that didn't happen and I'm sorry but after that performance they deserved to be booed off the pitch exactly as they deserved to be cheered off the pitch Monday night even though we lost and made a few mistakes at least every player tried that is all I ask for nothing more nothin less Edited by blackcountry jock

Never booed them, never clapped them either. I took my flag down and headed back to my billet.

Reading the post match comments from Pat Nevin, re: extra leg room on the charter plane being allocated to the blazers.

It makes you wonder how much this p@ssed off the players and could have influenced their attitude on the park.

I would still expect them to be professional enough on the park to go and try to get a result- but something was wrong that night and that could have been a contributory factor ?

Still raging, but at least we are still in it- IF WE BEAT POLSKA.

can we accept that emotions are part and parcel of attending these games. I was one of those who did not want to accept the performance and when the players came to our end, I waved them away and told them to f. off. This was the game that we needed to win and the players never trapped. 3 hours later mixing with the players at the airport, I fortunately never engaged with any of them, asking why they were pish. If you want to get selfies with the players who have let you down, that's ok with me, if you want to boo the team after they've let you down, that's ok with me too.

Poorest away atmosphere for a long time. Agree that team performance helps to lift support but we also need to play our part in helping lift team. There were guys around us shouting insults at team from about 15 mins on that were totally out of order - as was the 'supporter' couple rows back who was heard to say 'never thought I'd see the day we had a black guy playing for us' - totally outrageous. Seemed to me to be a lot of new faces about too,

Did you pull him up about it?

It was a fairly flat atmosphere but I wouldn't say it was anything to do with too many drunk people. Only saw one guy asleep at the game (the whole game!) and most people I encountered seemed to have had a drink but were still with it.

We did seem to have more space in the stadium this time round and there were plenty gaps within the Scotland support, but there was also a fair few Georgians in our section. About a dozen were sitting behind us and they said they asked the cops if they could switch ends and they were allowed to do so. Most just seemed to want to take selfies with the Scotland fans.

Game apart, it was a great trip for us.