"limited Ability" - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

"limited Ability"

JECK

We're missing Snoddy badly. I'm convinced that if he'd been fit Hull wouldn't have been relegated.He has the intelligence and creativity to unlock defences. It's also why I think we should have the likes of McCormack or Adam who can do something a bit different.

Agree think we are missing snoddy, gives us that extra dimension.

I fully understand Strachan sticking with the guys that got us off to a decent start but he really needs to rip that theory up and get guys in who are performing at club level, D Fletcher and McArthur for a start. McCormack certainly struggled a bit this season so far for goals but agree he gives us something different, much like Snoddy. Adam been good this season but last weekend showed the liability he can be but had he been there last night his passing could have stretched the game a bit better.

I'd potentially stick with the defence that finished, maybe Whittaker for Mulgrew at left back. D Fletcher, McArthur or Brown push Morrison forward and Maloney and Anya wide of Griffiths.

Edited by bossman4

Strachan is too loyal to some players like steven fletcher for example . jordan rhodes would be a better option or tony watt maybe ,ross mccormack would be worth a call up as he is a creative player ,i know a lot on here dont like him but i would pick charlie adam as well , he,s playing regularly in the EPL, time to stop picking the favourites and change things .

What concerns me is the lack of quality coming through from the next generation.

The poor standard of the Scottish league is starting to filter through to the national squad. Can't see us having a much better team in the next 5 to 10 years...

I have been admonished on here before for saying more or less this. We still produce players, yes, but even the most promising ones tend to head down south only to League 1 or Championship teams; or EPL 'yo-yo' teams; or they stay in Scotland and warm Celtic's bench. We struggle badly to produce players of genuine international standard and we have done for a long time.

The fact that Steven Fletcher, a player seemingly only able to use one foot and whose club supporters would queue up to drive to another team, is our best centre-forward (sorry, but Leigh Griffiths has done nothing so far in his international career to suggest to me that he would have fared any better last night) says a lot.

There's a lot of good points on here and with regard to cloned players I have to agree

My son who's now 21, spent a few years in Pro youth with 3/4 different Scottish teams.

I watched the way they trained the players and it was all very similar often with what I saw as short tight passing, players were criticised for running with a ball a la Messi or Bale

You never seemed to see a "tanner ba" player anymore, someone who could turn a game on their own and it appeared that these clubs wanted to turn the boys into clones who all played their respective systems, there didn't appear any emphasis on an individual who could perhaps be the game changer.

The unified coaching system is apparent... On corners why bring all the team back?? put 2 players near the half way line... Actually have a look at your own team doing this... It seems there is only 1 coaching manual in Scotland...

All players can be coached to a certain point. After that its ability and you have to hope that this has not been trained out.