Strachan Tactics - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan Tactics

Famousfor15minutes

I don't know about the rest of you but I think the wee ginger one has got it all wrong. He is too negative with all this keeping possession and constantly passing it back. He has a number of good players who can dribble and go at players but they aren't being allowed to do it.

Also I think we should go back to a 4-4-2.

It's hard to blame his tactics when some of the team didn't turn up today. Brown was pedestrian, was responsible for the goal, and did not pass a single ball allowing a player to run on to it. Every ball he played was flat or direct. The Georgians even gave the midfield away to him, and he did nothing with the space.

There was a promising start with plenty of possession, but the Georgians worked us out early. We need to put balls into the danger areas, not wait for gaps by passing backwards all game.

It's hard to blame his tactics when some of the team didn't turn up today. Brown was pedestrian, was responsible for the goal, and did not pass a single ball allowing a player to run on to it. Every ball he played was flat or direct. The Georgians even gave the midfield away to him, and he did nothing with the space.

There was a promising start with plenty of possession, but the Georgians worked us out early. We need to put balls into the danger areas, not wait for gaps by passing backwards all game.

Absolutely - seen some strange pedestrian even arrogant (?) play from Brown recently. I was asking for Darren to replace him half time. He did not drive the team and showed no real passion. It's ok to show a calm demeanor when you are better and winning, but when things aren't going to plan, need to roll sleeves up and show a bit of urgency!

didn't see a decent tackle all night. First touch was abysmal. Too much fannying about with the ball. Tried to be too intricate on their 18 yd box instead of going for goal ! Nobody wanted to take the shot on . Too much going backwards from good attacking positions. Didn't see much positive in that performance. I'm still convinced Strachan is the man for the job though.

didn't see a decent tackle all night. First touch was abysmal. Too much fannying about with the ball. Tried to be too intricate on their 18 yd box instead of going for goal ! Nobody wanted to take the shot on . Too much going backwards from good attacking positions. Didn't see much positive in that performance. I'm still convinced Strachan is the man for the job though.

Was said on the terraces last night... The heat was a factor but that was a known factor so why they didn't do their team training there from at least Monday i dinnae know... Well great trip ruined by 90 mins of fitba....

My verdict on why it was more disappointing than the many drubbings I have witnessed is that Gordon has made me believe again. I used to go full of hope bit with no expectations.

Anyway we are going to win on Monday because last time we lost to Georgia we beat France at Hampden in the same group and they were world cup winners. Sorted.

My verdict on why it was more disappointing than the many drubbings I have witnessed is that Gordon has made me believe again. I used to go full of hope bit with no expectations.

Anyway we are going to win on Monday because last time we lost to Georgia we beat France at Hampden in the same group and they were world cup winners. Sorted.

I said that to my mate after the goal went in.

"It's the hope that kills you".

J