Overbooked Flight Ist - Tbs - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Overbooked Flight Ist - Tbs

snoopyhill

All airlines overbook by about 20% because on average 20% of booked passengers don't show up. Find that quite hard to believe but apparently it's true!

A burger king voucher isn't really up to scratch. I think under Turkish law you're entitled to 250 euro (or whatever that is in lira) for each passenger. Even in cash if you push it. Might be worth a wee trip to the desk.

EU261 compensation levels apply if its a flight within or originating from the EU, in that case you would have got €250 a head compensation, plus put on the next plane.

Not sure about a flight departing Istanbul though, you're probably at the mercy of Turkish Airlines goodwill.

EU261 compensation levels apply if its a flight within or originating from the EU, in that case you would have got 250 a head compensation, plus put on the next plane.

Not sure about a flight departing Istanbul though, you're probably at the mercy of Turkish Airlines goodwill.

The Turkish law basically reflects the EU one.

Off topic, but about 10 years ago when a few of us went to USA for a 21st piss up, our flight was over-booked.

Mad scrammie, but we were four guys happy to take the $300 voucher for United Airlines, another night in Vegas, a free hotel $50 vouchers, - but there ended up one seat left for 14 or so folk over-booked.

One man steps up to take the ticket.

When asked his name - he replied 'Mr Bond'.

Never seen a frantic area erupt into laughter as much.

Anyhoos, hope you all reach Tblisi.

Edited by weekevie04

Happened to us when we went to Magaluf in the summer, 1 out of 18 of us never got on the flight due to overbooking! The lad had to fly via London several hours later, although he did get put up in the BA lounge.

So out of the other 17, not one of you offered to travel with him rather than him going alone?

Glad I'm not pals with you lot

I have just been bumped off my return flight with Turkish Airlines on Sunday morning to a flight 10 hours later which means I will miss Cyprus v Belgium on Sunday night.....I hope they will refund my €10 match ticket the bastards

You were right I went back and moaned a bit more but took a copy of Turkish airlines overbooking faq and they have given us 250 euros each. We have a form to hand over at any ticket sales desk within a year to get the cash

That'll be an afternoon's drinking paid for then!

Was talking to you boys at Istanbul airport today. you're positive attitude was admirable, We managed to get a hold of your apartment owner abandoned told them you'd be late.Isee you on the Gori trip tomorrow.

What else can you do.. Cheers for that. Yes we'll see you tomorrow. Well fingers crossed... Ha ha