Georgian Beer - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Georgian Beer

Bristolhibby

Thanks Tblisi,great city,people so friendly,beer and the wine superb,Chacha lethal!as the ta foot soldier I rescued from the floor of the toilet in the bar next to the German bar can vouch for! 3 Georgian police ready to jail him,got on his feet and couldn't remember where he was staying , his name,his pals!! Nothing totally smashed, met him at the game and no recollection of anything,and no even a thanks!!!total twat

Went to a mad wine bar up from AquaPub on the 2nd night and bar man was insiting we drink ChaCha... then his boss came back and chucked us out.

Beer I found so-so.... had worse, but found myself nursing away at it after 2 or 3 pints.... then would go on the red wine for a while, before back on the beer.

Went to a mad wine bar up from AquaPub on the 2nd night and bar man was insiting we drink ChaCha... then his boss came back and chucked us out.

Beer I found so-so.... had worse, but found myself nursing away at it after 2 or 3 pints.... then would go on the red wine for a while, before back on the beer.

We were certainly 'nursing it' given the time the girls were taking to serve us in the Aqua Bar after the fans game!

I lost count of how many times we ordered 4 beers.

Almost caused a 'riot' they did......... :shocked:

Edited by Redz

We were certainly 'nursing it' given the time the girls were taking to serve us in the Aqua Bar after the fans game!

Yeah, they got both barrels from Sexpest after we waited 45 minutes for 4 beers

I lost count of how many times we ordered 4 beers.

Aqua Bar wasn't quite ready for the demand on Friday afternoon, and it didn't even look particularly busy.

The staff were getting very stressed.

I tried a wee trick I'd not tried before and handed out tartan badges to the three that were working around us. The smiles came out then and they were fine.

It was a lot quicker when we moved down the road to a wee bar next to the synagogue. When they ran out of beer they just sent one of the staff members to the offy and she came back sorted. :cheers3:

Service was awful - walked out of one place when they took so long to even bring us the menus, had dinner in a beer hall down by the river and I got my chips followed shortly after by my main course and it was a full 52 minutes before the final main course was served. Two of the side dishes we ordered never appeared - but were on the bill. In the KGB bar we eventually gave up waiting on table service for beer and went up to the bar ourselves. Couldn't get too angry as the staff seemed to be getting really stressed about the whole thing.

Got to agree. Trying to get a beer most places was a bit of an effort.

My impatience came back to bite me mind you. Got fed up waiting in the Hanger Bar so went across the road. 23 Lari for two beers.

Hope you didn't end up in a queue with Tartan Tokyo and his mates !

Sorry TT - couldn't resist. :D