Which Bar Is In The Tennents "caledonia" Advert? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Which Bar Is In The Tennents "caledonia" Advert?

The bar you see him walking into is nothing at all like the Guildford. It looks a bit like a bar, long gone now, that there was in the West End near House of Fraser. Can't remember what it was called, we are talking about 25 years ago now.

The bar you see him walking into is nothing at all like the Guildford. It looks a bit like a bar, long gone now, that there was in the West End near House of Fraser. Can't remember what it was called, we are talking about 25 years ago now.

It is the one next to Frasers. I can't remember the name of it either but it's now the Angel's Share.

If I remember way back then it was called Bianco's.

On a night out we "lost" a mate in there wasn't till years later it turned out he fell asleep in a cleaners cupboard down stairs !

How did he survive in a cleaning cupbard for years?

Reminds me of being in Rimini for San Marino game in 2000. I was 16 and not used to getting into pubs. Drank too much and passed out. They shut the club but just left me sleeping on the floor. Got woken up by a cleaner hoovering round me at 7am. Still a mess. She was able to spot some passing Scotland fans and called them in. They found details of my hotel in my pocket and literally carried me back to the hotel and put me in my bed!

No idea who they are but if your on here thank you for helping drunk teenage me!

Edited by iainmac1

If I remember way back then it was called Bianco's.

On a night out we "lost" a mate in there wasn't till years later it turned out he fell asleep in a cleaners cupboard down stairs !

Bianco's, that's the one. It was rubbish incidentally.

Reminds me of being in Rimini for San Marino game in 2000. I was 16 and not used to getting into pubs. Drank too much and passed out. They shut the club but just left me sleeping on the floor. Got woken up by a cleaner hoovering round me at 7am. Still a mess. She was able to spot some passing Scotland fans and called them in. They found details of my hotel in my pocket and literally carried me back to the hotel and put me in my bed!

No idea who they are but if your on here thank you for helping drunk teenage me!

Quality!

J

I am sure the Guildford was the pub in trainspotting where Begby threw the glass

Eh. That doesn't make much sense.

Makes perfect sense. The actor playing the Scots boy in the advert was Irish, following that logic the pub which was supposed to be in Edinburgh may have actually been in Dublin.