Mobile Call Charges - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mobile Call Charges

snoopyhill

We have to call the apartment owner when we arrive in Georgia. I thought I would check out the charges I'm with iD the new Carphonewarehouse network £5 per minute. :yikes3:

I check out the rest and although mine is the highest the others are still pretty dear, look like we will have to use some sort of wifi call package Skype or similar.

Vodafone costs are £1.65 a min to make a call and £1.30 a min to receive. Texts are 35p and data is £3 for first 5MB and £15 per 5MB after that. Texts are free to receive.

Given that the average webpage or ap is over 1 mb you could easily get a bill for hundreds over a few days, more with Tesco mobile/ 02 where it's £8/£6 a mg. Just updating an ap automatically would cost a bomb. Wifi only and switch off roaming.

I spent £26 on Internet in minutes in Istanbul yesterday, no idea why it was so high.

Erm, cause it's not EU and phone companies can basically name their price.

Used the pool bars wifi last time I was in Turkey. The beauty was I could also pick it up from my room as I had a poolside view.

J