Harry Clarke - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harry Clarke

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way should he be jailed.

A lot of assumptions, but this guy probably has a family to feed and to be honest, probably not a lot of qualifications that would get him a non-driving job with the same pay.

It was a terrible accident that could indeed have been avoided but he'll have to live with that for the rest of his life.

Not to mention the media circus that will no doubt follow him around and call him an evil killer if he has the audacity to have a pint in his local.

Pretty much this.

The guy has a right to earn a living and if his skills set is limited then obviously his employment prospects will also be limited. I can empathise with him there. On the other hand, if he is capable of passing his HGV licence then he can't be a complete numpty - he could have retrained as something else. I know it's easy to say but surely it's better to take a job that might not pay as well rather than put people's lives in danger. I don't think I could live with myself if I had done what he has done.

He should retrain as an airline pilot I'm sure ally bongo , aaid n co would be happy to board that flight after all we all have to make a living BOLLOCKS he should be jailed n that's a fact

He should retrain as an airline pilot I'm sure ally bongo , aaid n co would be happy to board that flight after all we all have to make a living BOLLOCKS he should be jailed n that's a fact

I'm not saying he hasn't done anything wrong and I doubt the guy will work again. Certainly not as a driver.

However there's a big difference between the court of law and the court of the tabloid press which has convicted him without any reference to what evidence is available.

The sad thing here is that because of the stance the families have taken, his side of the story will never come out and the any conclusions from the FAI will be flawed.

How long would you give him ?

6 Months ?

2 Years ?

5 Years ?

Life ?

How long to get your desired retribution ?

What purpose will it serve ?

Is he a rotten that set out to do what he did ?

Is he a danger to the public ? Will he get in another vehicle and do the same again ?

As has been said this man's life is over. He will never work again and everywhere he goes he will be known as the bin lorry driver that killed 6 people because he shouldnt have been driving due to a medical condition.

He will be a pariah and has to live with himself and the result of his actions for however long he has left.

It strikes me that the main reason this is such a mess is that the Procurator FIscal announced in advance of the enquiry that there would definitely not be any kind of state prosecution.

The question is whether they were aware of the full extent of the driver's duplicity and prior medical history. If so, this also raises questions over the suitability of the people deciding that a prosecution was not merited.

He didn't set out to murder the people before CHristmas, but he surely has a case to answer given his lies both to the DVLA and to his employers

I don't think he should be jailed either. He'll need to live with what happened, that's punishment enough I think.

This...

My heart goes out to Harry Clarke...It was a horrible accident and he's feeling this far more than anyone who's posting on here.

Shame on the OP for posting this... grow up, sad çunt.

I struggle to see what he could be criminally charged with successfully, but there seems to be a personal reponsibility after fainting episodes to withdraw from driving and certainly not be misleading, inaccurately filling in official forms and therefore lying to continue in a job. I'm also unsure what the families will gain from a private prosecution, maybe a moral victory, but no financial benefit if going for Clarke.

Edited by the_fadiator

This...

My heart goes out to Harry Clarke...It was a horrible accident and he's feeling this far more than anyone who's posting on here.

Shame on the OP for posting this... grow up, sad çunt.

I'm the sad petty insults on the internet aye very good Edited by jcs

I'm the sad petty insults on the internet aye very good

Unless you've got family directly involved, then aye ye're a sad being mortally offended by something that has less than all tae dae wi ye.

Try shutting yer ####wit wannabe scouser.perpetual victim pus.

Cheers

Without trying to sound like Roy Castle, I was getting a train back to Embra that day and I got to George Square about 10 minutes after it happened.

It was a mess.

the only people who have a right to comment on it are the people who were involved.

Daily Record reactionary s making knee-jerk "hang him high" are total spastics and they can right off.

Edited by brant grebner

And I apologise for using the most offensive word we know, but I doubt that the twat that started this thread was there and his reactionary opinion is fcking worthless and he should keep his know nothing ish gub shut

IMO

no offence

Edited by brant grebner

And I apologise for using the most offensive word we know, but I doubt that the twat that started this thread was there and his reactionary opinion is fcking worthless and he should keep his know nothing ish gub shut

IMO

no offence

You could cut and post that in every thread though.

I had family shopping in Glasgow that day, and they missed being in its path by five minutes. Took me ages to get a hold of them after it. Missed being in an accident caused by a guy who had no right to be driving given his medical history.

If it had been a ned in a stolen car I'd imagine all these "it's no his fault" apologists wouldn't have the same response. Just another extension of the accepting no personal responsibility society we sadly live in. He lied to command control of a vehicle that you have to take extra tests to drive given its size and ability to cause damage. His pride killed those poor people out shopping, and will cast a cloud over all of their families Christmases to come. That " he will have to live with it for the rest of his life" not you deciding what the punishment should be, albeit a lenient one?he should be at least in front of a judge, someone trained in sentencing, to decide that.

Don't see how anyone can believe he shouldn't do jail time.

As someone said, it's comparable to people who get behind the wheel steaming drunk and end up killing someone.

This guy knew he had a history of blackouts, so knew there was a chance it could happen while at the wheel. He selfishly lied about it and his choice resulted in the deaths of six people.

Of course he didn't mean for it to happen and if he could wind the clock back, I'm sure he would do things differently. But not meaning to kill someone with your dangerous actions isn't a reason against a prosecution and jail time.

Spot on

I had family shopping in Glasgow that day, and they missed being in its path by five minutes. Took me ages to get a hold of them after it. Missed being in an accident caused by a guy who had no right to be driving given his medical history.

If it had been a ned in a stolen car I'd imagine all these "it's no his fault" apologists wouldn't have the same response. Just another extension of the accepting no personal responsibility society we sadly live in. He lied to command control of a vehicle that you have to take extra tests to drive given its size and ability to cause damage. His pride killed those poor people out shopping, and will cast a cloud over all of their families Christmases to come. That " he will have to live with it for the rest of his life" not you deciding what the punishment should be, albeit a lenient one?he should be at least in front of a judge, someone trained in sentencing, to decide that.

Took a while, but at last a balanced and objective view comes along.