Ticket Alert - 8000 = 2+ Points - Page 9 - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Alert - 8000 = 2+ Points

joe545

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still ssc tickets left - why? Everyone saying 8000 was too low and that zero pointers would not get a chance of an official ticket. I know a lot have bought direct from gfa, but it's a great opportunity for folks on low points to get on the points ladder.

There are still ssc tickets left - why? Everyone saying 8000 was too low and that zero pointers would not get a chance of an official ticket. I know a lot have bought direct from gfa, but it's a great opportunity for folks on low points to get on the points ladder.

If you look through this thread you'll see numerous posts that say everyone will get a ticket and that there will probably be tickets left over.

I'd imagine that anyone in the SSC that bought a ticket direct from the GFA would then buy one from the SSC and try and punt the other one. There's no point in travelling to Faro, going to the game and not getting a point for the sake of £18.

It would appear that 8k tickets was near enough the ideal amount of tickets needed for the folk that are intending to travel. If we were to win tomorrow night i'd imagine that there will be a fair few more folk looking to book up and any spare tickets will be taken.

I can't believe how easy it has been to get points this campaign. When I stupidly let my membership expire a few years ago, it took years to get back on the ladder. SSC fully subscribed and unable to even get back in as a member - then having to be in the home end at so many games. Now, ironically, with the best team we have had for years and a great chance to qualify for a tournament on our doorstep - anyone who wants tickets for the finals in France could easily rack up 4 points in this campaign alone.

I can't believe how easy it has been to get points this campaign. When I stupidly let my membership expire a few years ago, it took years to get back on the ladder. SSC fully subscribed and unable to even get back in as a member - then having to be in the home end at so many games. Now, ironically, with the best team we have had for years and a great chance to qualify for a tournament on our doorstep - anyone who wants tickets for the finals in France could easily rack up 4 points in this campaign alone.

We've had big allocations though.

In 2008 2010 qualifiers we got something like 800 in Macedonia, 1500 in Iceland.

Same with 2012. We got smallish allocation in Prague.

Even in Paris we only got 2500 or so officially.

We've had big allocations though.

In 2008 2010 qualifiers we got something like 800 in Macedonia, 1500 in Iceland.

Same with 2012. We got smallish allocation in Prague.

Even in Paris we only got 2500 or so officially.

And apart from Wembley the World Cup campagin will be the same as the ones you mention.

I`m a zero pointer but chose to buy from Gib FA to be with non SSC members and avoid hassle of pickup (1 other in group who is member lives overseas and might not be able to go cause of work). May regret not geting point (though doubt point will be enough for playoff or finals ticket if we`re in them)but alternative was maybe sitting by myself aand having to pickup and lose money on other member`s ticket

Problem for fans is that if you were booking to go and get a reasonable flight price for sure you are going to take the hit on buying a ticket at the first opportunity from wherever!

I had 14 points before moving to the other side of the world but have only made one away match and 4 home ones (well an away one for me from KL) in the last few years. but no points for these.

I think all Scotland games should count in one way or another.

Ironically because of the delay in selling these tickets the people benefiting are the airlines bumping up the prices.

and its likely we will have guys giving away tickets outside the game for the """"neutral"""" areas as they now have SSC tickets. a small price to pay for a point!

however a couple of results can change all that!!!!

KL to Faro booked!!! via Hampden of course

C'mon Scotland

Thanks. Obviously some problem. I`ll contact Gibraltar FA.. Ironically I sometimes go there for work and could maybe have bought tickets in person there last week.

Did you hear back from them ?

I bought some tickets from them today for my mates but didn't get the email either.

Still looking for info re official ticket for myself if anyone knows. Couldn't see anything when quickly rereading this thread.

SFA sale ended a week ago but worth phoning supporters club as they have got us tickets after the closing date a few times in the past. Will be no shortage of tickets for this one. .

Cheers.

The weeks have flown by and I just didn't keep a close enough eye on the sales (especially with the distraction of the recent 2 games).

Have the tickets been posted out yet sorted mine out in August but haven't received it yet

I think they hope to get them by next week and start posting them out immediately.

PS. Now sorted for my tickets and thanks to those who provided me with info/suggestions earlier.