"blakey" - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spoilsport - of course someone had to test it first.

Actually, I think NCR just did the first one on Scotland. Don't know who made the ones used down south. They were used in other countries a while before they were used in the UK. So, your Reg Varney factoid probably only applies to the UK, i would guess. I don't think he was very famous in New York?

Loved the On the Buses series and films in their day. Saw the one a few months ago where they end up at a holiday camp - not hilariously funny but good fun to watch.

I saw Stephen Lewis's son doing his comedy act in a Benidorm pub last time we played Spain. He was good. Stephen Lewis's character was brilliant.

Loved the On the Buses series and films in their day. Saw the one a few months ago where they end up at a holiday camp - not hilariously funny but good fun to watch.

I saw Stephen Lewis's son doing his comedy act in a Benidorm pub last time we played Spain. He was good. Stephen Lewis's character was brilliant.

The films always pass the time on those boring Sunday afternoons

RIP Blakey

Loved the "character". Miss the the "innocence" of the 60's & 70's sitcoms that made us all Brit.

Scarborough & Great Yarmouth holidays etc in the 60's/70's blended us into Britness. The reality was a con.

for innocence read casual racism and misogyny

Aye, Love thy Neighbour and Till death us do Part were the epitome of "innocence".

I was always under the impression that Till Death us do Part was an attack on racist values. It's just that people in the 70's generally weren't enlightened enough to realise the message behind the programme.

Certainly Warren Mitchell was/is no racist, and the guy who wrote it detested racism.

Absolutely, mind seeing an interview with Warren Mitchell when he said fans of the show would come up and say how much they appreciate him making fun of minorities, to which he would reply in no uncertain terms that it was idiots like them he was showing up.