Victory Party - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Victory Party

Edinburgh is the capital. That is where our government will be. And it is the only place to be in the event of a YES vote. This is our Berlin Wall moment, our Wind Of Change. It probably won't happen until March 2016, but I want to be standing on Princes Street looking up at the castle when the Butchers Apron is lowered and replaced by our flag. The Saltire.

Got an evening out in Glasgow on the 19th (mate arranged it without realising the date). Hope they've cleared off by then..

Room for an ex-pat? I'm flying back for the weekend to take in the victory. I arrive in Glasgow on the Friday but my mates aren't heading down until the Saturday.

Edinburgh is the capital. That is where our government will be. And it is the only place to be in the event of a YES vote. This is our Berlin Wall moment, our Wind Of Change. It probably won't happen until March 2016, but I want to be standing on Princes Street looking up at the castle when the Butchers Apron is lowered and replaced by our flag. The Saltire.

Unfortunately the flag continues to fly until our Independence Day which is a long way away yet. :worried:

Room for an ex-pat? I'm flying back for the weekend to take in the victory. I arrive in Glasgow on the Friday but my mates aren't heading down until the Saturday.

If it's a Yes you won't need any friends :ok:

(unless you decide to go to the Louden :ph34r: )

If it's a Yes you won't need any friends :ok:

(unless you decide to go to the Louden :ph34r: )

True but celebrating it with my mates who for years and years have shared the same belief as I have is going to be special. The years of pub chats about dreaming at freedom for Scotland will make it just! :ok:

I am up on on the Sunday, will be staying in Edinburgh Tuesday-Saturday. I have a meeting booked at our wedding venue at 11am on the Friday. Not sure I will be in the best place frame of mind (drunk) to be making any decisions. Think I will move it to the Thursday leaving me all day Friday to savour the occasion.

I remember flying into Scotland the morning of the boot the tories out election in 97.

Now , I must say I wasn't convinced . He looked like a tory , talked and smelt like one.

This is a 'May be' chance for Scotland to lead an alternative in the western hemisphere against the Corporations Rule.

The US and EU Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) will supersede national law and realise Corporate Power.

Just as wee Scotland has in the past ushered an age of progress , so it is possible to do so with support from amongst others, BRICS led global realignments.

I'm proud of the positive feed-back for Scottish Independence I have encountered from foreign sources the last couple of years and ultimately glad of the opposition, not the undecided, being who they are.

Victory party? My daughter's 1st birthday that weekend prevents me from being in Scotland on the day (shite excuse, i know), but i'll be at the Dublin Oktoberfest with the rest of DUBTA bedecked in my Yes saltire downing the steins. :beer2:

Funny as you low life piece of shyt.

How you're still on this board beats me.

No wonder google refuses adverts on it.

oh , hank, may I call you hank, you seem like a hank.

I had forgotten the use of numerals 9 and 11 created such a jerk reaction.

Remember that for the most of us date wise would regard 9/11 as the ninth of November , as in the wonderful day the iron curtain crumbled in 89.

ah well. sure you can check out david hasselhof's role in it all.

This. If there's a Yes vote, I'll be up there on the Friday morning with a few likeminded souls waiting on the pub opening. :ok:

Let me know what time the vigil starts. We'll be there. It'll be my first "bring a bottle and a flag party".

back off peeps we have bad ass here.

Your cheaply built facade of moral superiority Phart is tenuous indeed when you align yourself with someone who finds the deaths of 3000 people in a terrorist attack worth mocking.

Your cheaply built facade of moral superiority Phart is tenuous indeed when you align yourself with someone who finds the deaths of 3000 people in a terrorist attack worth mocking.

Here is the example of binary thinking (bifurcation informal logical fallacy) i was speaking about, because i'm against you, you think that somehow means i'm aligning with John D. That sort of incompetent thinking is so prevalent it has it's own fancy name. You're also just wrong but that's a base-line.

Your pietism and lack of self awareness will attract mockery (questioning why John D is still here while being a banned member being a perfect example of this presbyopia).

However the bickering is annoying people and as been pointed out to me, i;d be against one man visibly stronger than an other physically dominating them, so why am i not against it happening mentally nor cognitively. which has taken the winds out my sail and i feel a bit like a bully.

So apologies and i wont be bothering you again :ok:

Let me know what time the vigil starts. We'll be there. It'll be my first "bring a bottle and a flag party".

I'd be up for it if welcome as well, be good to meet you on the dawn of our nation. :ok:

Would be great to meet you phart. More the merrier.

I'm thinking we should all bring a box of cereal as well... Bottle, flag and a bowl of cheerios.