Victory Party - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Victory Party

If we win where is the place to be to party ? George Square ? Believe the Unionists are posting on FB to bring their butchers aprons to celebrate at 6 30 am in the Square!!!

I don't understand what they could celebrate.

There will omly be a handfull of them. It will be party time for us but the No lot will just be relieved.Can't see much celebrating in event of No vote.

No chance of that happening

Do you really think so? BT have asked their supporters in Glasgow to turn up at 06:30 on the 19th in George Square and to bring their butchers aprons with them.Now if the Yes side win these knuckle draggers will kick off and possibly vice versa.Lets not kid ourselves here.This is starting to heat up and will at some point spill out onto the streets.This is going to get ugly.

Another 300 year Reich..

What possessed you to write that, whether or not you think Scotland should be Independent or part of the United Kingdom, comparisons with Nazi Germany do nothing to improve your case and are downright offensive to a lot of Scottish people who (or their parents/grandparents) fought against the Nazis. If that's the level of tolerance to be expected in an Independent Scotland then the currency is going to be the least of our concerns.

BT have asked their supporters in Glasgow to turn up at 06:30 on the 19th in George Square and to bring their butchers aprons with them.Now if the Yes side win these knuckle draggers will kick off and possibly vice versa.Lets not kid ourselves here.This is starting to heat up and will at some point spill out onto the streets.This is going to get ugly.

Got an evening out in Glasgow on the 19th (mate arranged it without realising the date). Hope they've cleared off by then..

The weekend will see me, tanned - just like every other.

I do reckon there will be folk, down here, that will not be best pleased if the Yes vote prevails.

In fact, I reckon it will kick off in some quarters - pubs.

If it's a goer, I will revel in winding some cnuts up; if it's a No, I will pretend I don't care.

With no vote, I'm ambivalent, at best.

Any, must dash, I'm off on a big adventure in Manchester. (Last night I lost ma wallet, bins and sanity... two of which turned up this afto in the Crown.)

For J Strap... Cheerie-bye!!!!! :wub:

What possessed you to write that, whether or not you think Scotland should be Independent or part of the United Kingdom, comparisons with Nazi Germany do nothing to improve your case and are downright offensive to a lot of Scottish people who (or their parents/grandparents) fought against the Nazis. If that's the level of tolerance to be expected in an Independent Scotland then the currency is going to be the least of our concerns.

Oh really... and the union is downright offensive to the hundreds of thousands of our ancestors who fought against this forced union for hundreds of years and who were killed in battle ,tortured, imprisoned starved ,hunted down and had to see their children massacred and their homes burnt.If you want to look at tolerance read about the massacre of Berwick in 1296.Just make sure you haven't eaten first.it makes the Nazi's seem generous

Don't give me this fought against the Nazi's sh'te.!My great grandfather was in the Cameron highlanders in WW1.Wounded 3 times in destroying an enemy forward machine gun position he was left in no mans land for 3 days and bayoneted by retreating soldiers.He was still alive when Canadian soldiers rescued him.He didn't want to be there and only killed because it was kill or be killed.he was so ashamed he threw his medals away.In WW2 my relatives fought Germans ,Italians,Romanians and Austrians.They never encountered any Nazi's to speak of ,just frightened desperate exhausted human beings who like then didn't want to be there but were forced by governments to fight and die.They fought alongside 50 different nations including English,French American Indian Polish and units and would believe me have given their lives to become an Independent country once more ,achieved remarkably with no bloodshed.

There is plenty of evidence that the Britsh state (Scots included) have been involved in genocide ,concentration camps .massacres of civilians, forced displacement of civilians ,forced labour,imprisonment without trial etc etc and is still involved in warmongering and killing for reasons known only to the people who run our disgusting union.The British have been every bit as bad as the Nazi's in the last 300 years their only saving grace being the numbers killed in concentration camps.Our parents and grandparents either stood by or were involved in massive war crimes in the likes of Kenya for example.No one has been brought to trial for .i could give you 20 different links but you have to take the time and effort to find out for yourself

The Germans are ashamed of their recent past and the flag of the Nazi's is rightly banned.The British on the other hand seem to feel proud of a flag and a history that Dan Snow pretends did not exist.

History for Scotland or England did not begin in 1707 or England Both nations have fascinating events stretching over thousands of years.If you want to be proud of Britain think about the British museum,the RSPCA and the NHS. As far as comparisons with a Reich it means EMPIRE

I rest my case .

Oh really... and the union is downright offensive to the hundreds of thousands of our ancestors who fought against this forced union for hundreds of years and who were killed in battle ,tortured, imprisoned starved ,hunted down and had to see their children massacred and their homes burnt.If you want to look at tolerance read about the massacre of Berwick in 1296.Just make sure you haven't eaten first.it makes the Nazi's seem generous

Don't give me this fought against the Nazi's sh'te.!My great grandfather was in the Cameron highlanders in WW1.Wounded 3 times in destroying an enemy forward machine gun position he was left in no mans land for 3 days and bayoneted by retreating soldiers.He was still alive when Canadian soldiers rescued him.He didn't want to be there and only killed because it was kill or be killed.he was so ashamed he threw his medals away.In WW2 my relatives fought Germans ,Italians,Romanians and Austrians.They never encountered any Nazi's to speak of ,just frightened desperate exhausted human beings who like then didn't want to be there but were forced by governments to fight and die.They fought alongside 50 different nations including English,French American Indian Polish and units and would believe me have given their lives to become an Independent country once more ,achieved remarkably with no bloodshed.

There is plenty of evidence that the Britsh state (Scots included) have been involved in genocide ,concentration camps .massacres of civilians, forced displacement of civilians ,forced labour,imprisonment without trial etc etc and is still involved in warmongering and killing for reasons known only to the people who run our disgusting union.The British have been every bit as bad as the Nazi's in the last 300 years their only saving grace being the numbers killed in concentration camps.Our parents and grandparents either stood by or were involved in massive war crimes in the likes of Kenya for example.No one has been brought to trial for .i could give you 20 different links but you have to take the time and effort to find out for yourself

The Germans are ashamed of their recent past and the flag of the Nazi's is rightly banned.The British on the other hand seem to feel proud of a flag and a history that Dan Snow pretends did not exist.

History for Scotland or England did not begin in 1707 or England Both nations have fascinating events stretching over thousands of years.If you want to be proud of Britain think about the British museum,the RSPCA and the NHS. As far as comparisons with a Reich it means EMPIRE

I rest my case .

Great post.