0 Caps Xi. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

0 Caps Xi.

TartanDave

Was bored at work today and started thinking about what our best team would be if made entirely of current players with 0 caps.

Scott Bain (Dundee)

Callum Paterson (Hearts)

Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen)

Jordan Mcghee?? (Hearts) Perhaps someone can think of someone better but I'm struggling. Maybe Souttar?

Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen)

Ryan Christie (Inverness Caley Thistle)

Ryan Jack (Aberdeen)

Kevin Mcdonald (Wolves)

Stuart Armstrong (Celtic)

Ryan Gauld (Sporting Lisbon)

Tony Watt (Charlton)

Not saying this is the best team now but I think it has the potential to be a cracking team -

Archer

Grimmer

Souttar

McGhee

Shinnie

Henderson

McDonald

Harper

Gauld

Fraser

Watt

Jack, Armstrong, Christie, the Swansea boys and Feruz could all be in squad.

Edited by PASTA Mick

Not saying this is the best team now but I think it has the potential to be a cracking team -

Archer

Grimmer

Souttar

McGhee

Shinnie

Henderson

McDonald

Harper

Gauld

Fraser

Watt

Jack, Armstrong, Christie, the Swansea boys and Feruz could all be in squad.

Where is Henderson this season? And how did he get on in Norway last year? Never heard to much after the first week or so

Where is Henderson this season? And how did he get on in Norway last year? Never heard to much after the first week or so

He did well in Norway by all accounts.

He came on as sub today but didn't get too long. He'll get games this season but there are a few players ahead of him.

He did well in Norway by all accounts.

He came on as sub today but didn't get too long. He'll get games this season but there are a few players ahead of him.

Think he could benefit from going on loan to another SPL side maybe? Or better at Celtic where rotation may become a factor later in season?

Think he could benefit from going on loan to another SPL side maybe? Or better at Celtic where rotation may become a factor later in season?

Hard to say. We do have a lot of midfielders (Armstrong, Biton, Brown, Commons, Johanson, Forrest, Henderson, GMS, McGregor, Mulgrew, Rogic plus others) but if we get to the Champions League they will all have a part to play.

Agreed. We do have a lot of midfielders at a similar level who can't get in the squad.

A mutual agreement here. If a guy like Cairney can't get into a squad then we are in a good place at the moment. I do think he is far better than some that have been included. McGregor and even MacArthur come to mind.

A mutual agreement here. If a guy like Cairney can't get into a squad then we are in a good place at the moment. I do think he is far better than some that have been included. McGregor and even MacArthur come to mind.

To be fair, McArthur has played consistently at a good level for a while now. In fact, there aren't many in the squad playing at a higher level/team then he is.

McGregor was only called up once and took the 'spare' spot put aside for young players to get in the squad for the manager to have a closer look at; and he got that on the back of scoring a load of goals at the start of last season.

I wonder if there is another reason why Cairney hasn't been called up yet? Does he want to be called up?

To be fair, McArthur has played consistently at a good level for a while now. In fact, there aren't many in the squad playing at a higher level/team then he is.

McGregor was only called up once and took the 'spare' spot put aside for young players to get in the squad for the manager to have a closer look at; and he got that on the back of scoring a load of goals at the start of last season.

I wonder if there is another reason why Cairney hasn't been called up yet? Does he want to be called up?

He has played at a decent level for a while but has been almost exclusively utter shite for us when he has played.

I would share the same concerns re Cairney I just don't understand why he hasn't been involved for us, unless there has been a mindset change by him. He played for us and played extremely well at u21 level. I hope it's just strachan thinks he ain't quite ready and nothing more.