Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running - Page 9 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running

phart

Watched a couple of docs on Netflix this week. One about Lance Armstrong and then 'Icarus' which was pretty interesting.

Don't think they add anything in particular that hasn't already been said or highlighted on here but found some of it fascinating. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2017 at 3:33 PM, phart said:

I'm starting to think there might be motors being used in cycling as well. Not enough evidence at all, but just seems more likely the more you see cheating, and someone was caught at a motocross event with one.

A new book examining motors in sport coming out

"Renowned French journalist Philippe Brunel is about to publish a new book, thought to provide the most revealing expose yet of the extent of technological fraud - motor doping - in the professional peloton"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/can-cyclings-centre-hold-in-2018/

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/02/french-amateur-given-five-year-suspension-hidden-motor-use/

Caught using a motor in a third category race on October 1, French amateur Cyril Fontaine has been handed a five year ban from the sport. According to Le Figaro, the 43 year old was notified of the sanction in mid-January, with that ban from being handed down by the disciplinary commission of the French Federation of cycling (FFC). It had met to discuss the matter on December 29th.

Fontaine had registered a miraculous series of results across several weeks last year, riding far above his former level and beating riders who were previously much better than him.

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Bradley says he's been smeared...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43293645

From his autobiography

" “British Cycling have always had a no-needle policy, it’s been a mainstay of theirs; so it was something I grew up with as a bike rider. In British cycling culture, at the word ‘needle’ or the sight of one, you go, ‘Oh shit’, it’s a complete taboo...I’ve never had an injection, apart from I’ve had my vaccinations, and on occasion I’ve been put on a drip, when I’ve come down with diarrhoea or something or have been severely dehydrated.”

Then when his use of triamcinolone  was leaked by hackers he then said (via spokesman)

“Brad's passing comment regarding needles in the 2012 book referred to the historic (illegal) practice of intravenous injections of performance enhancing substances which was the subject of the 2011 UCI law change.

“The triamcinolone injection that is referred to in the WADA leaks is an intramuscular treatment for asthma, is fully approved by the sport's governing bodies and Brad stands by his comment concerning the use of illegal intravenous needle injections.”

He also fails to point out that the reason nothing is substantiated is all his relevant medical records went missing and had no back up's anywhere.

They shouldn't have sacked Shane Sutton... bit them in the ass.

Stealing this from a comment by "j Evans" made a while ago from some random online magazine

t's all perfectly reasonable.

And one day I'll come out and tell the full story - but not now. Let me explain, though.

Only today, I went to my doctor and they had no medical records for me because they keep them all on one single computer. And my doctor takes that computer on holiday. Then, it got stolen. The doctor had forgotten to back-up his files. Not a one-time mistake - he did this over years, despite his vast experience as a doctor. And no-one in the doctor's organisation ever checked those medical files - not once - so no-one knew that they didn't exist.

But why would anyone – including the other doctors – check my medical files? Or those of any other rider. Fortunately, the organisation managed to wipe my doctor’s stolen computer remotely – the lord only knows how.

They could do that, but could not extract the data from it – the lord only knows how. This organisation also got me a prescription from France and flew it to me here in Britain, even though there was a pharmacist down the road where I could buy it over the counter.

I also take a much, much stronger drug - which many people say I shouldn't take. I take this drug very sporadically - only three times in my life. Otherwise, I don't need it.

But I definitely needed it those three times in my life – just before grand tours. The doctor had a large supply of this drug at his surgery: 55-70 doses.

Far more than he needed for the doses that I was supposed to have taken. So, I could have been taking those extra doses at different times – legally out of competition, but also I could have taken it in competition because as I had a note saying I was allowed to take the drug and so they'd never know if I took it more than once.

The note I got in 2011 was actually given to me before I even had the medical. And in 2012, I took my special drug 6 weeks after my medical examination that it was based on. But then who doesn’t wait a month and a half to take a drug they desperately need? And I desperately needed it because before I had that medical note I was only able to win a week-long bike races up mountains against the best riders in the world by one minute.

Our riders have been noticeably thin and sickly for a number of years. And they often perform much better than previously once they join our team. I wonder how many others are taking my special drug and how often.

Lots of people who have also been involved with this organisation have said that they have been given or offered a few different drugs, which is all legal, so that's fine. Maybe they were taking these extra doses of the extra strong drug too, which is legal out of competition. But I've no idea, because we're a very disorganised bunch and we don't keep medical records – despite this being a legal requirement for doctors. We even got some bad drugs delivered accidentally, either that or we ordered them and then asked the supplier to say we didn't. My doctor's poorly, so no-one can ask him what's going on. But the General Medical Council probably will soon. I think he might be a ‘rogue doctor’.

That might be what the boss decides.

They might have to blame the boss because once they get rid of him everyone will just assume that it’s all fine now and will stop asking questions like ‘Who were the 55-70 doses of dangerous and performance-enhancing corticosteroids for – which and how many riders take them?’

The boss must be getting forgetful because he said he didn’t know anything about my special drug. But then he said that he’d taken it himself.

The colleague I don’t like is really good now. He keeps talking about how he doesn’t take drugs and he wants to be tested more. But then it turns out he has magic kidneys that turn themselves off and on again – how else could he have twice as much salbutamol in his system as he should do? So, he must be innocent. Which is a shame because he is my enemy.

A lot of the drugs – corticosteroids (out of competition) and tramadol, for instance – are legal. That means they’re ok to take. Even though they have effects like damaging the immune system and causing dizziness (man, those descents in the Giro were difficult). And then there are those pesky testosterone patches – but that was all just a big whoopsy-mistake, as I say above: they were maybe ordered or maybe not ordered, but no-one used them. God, we do well in the track olympic cycling. All I know is everything's absolutely fine and people should just trust us.

It’s all good for British cycling – look how many medals we’ve won. Look at my medals.

On 3/5/2018 at 9:56 PM, phart said:

Stealing this from a comment by "j Evans" made a while ago from some random online magazine

t's all perfectly reasonable.

And one day I'll come out and tell the full story - but not now. Let me explain, though.

Only today, I went to my doctor and they had no medical records for me because they keep them all on one single computer. And my doctor takes that computer on holiday. Then, it got stolen. The doctor had forgotten to back-up his files. Not a one-time mistake - he did this over years, despite his vast experience as a doctor. And no-one in the doctor's organisation ever checked those medical files - not once - so no-one knew that they didn't exist.

But why would anyone – including the other doctors – check my medical files? Or those of any other rider. Fortunately, the organisation managed to wipe my doctor’s stolen computer remotely – the lord only knows how.

They could do that, but could not extract the data from it – the lord only knows how. This organisation also got me a prescription from France and flew it to me here in Britain, even though there was a pharmacist down the road where I could buy it over the counter.

I also take a much, much stronger drug - which many people say I shouldn't take. I take this drug very sporadically - only three times in my life. Otherwise, I don't need it.

But I definitely needed it those three times in my life – just before grand tours. The doctor had a large supply of this drug at his surgery: 55-70 doses.

Far more than he needed for the doses that I was supposed to have taken. So, I could have been taking those extra doses at different times – legally out of competition, but also I could have taken it in competition because as I had a note saying I was allowed to take the drug and so they'd never know if I took it more than once.

The note I got in 2011 was actually given to me before I even had the medical. And in 2012, I took my special drug 6 weeks after my medical examination that it was based on. But then who doesn’t wait a month and a half to take a drug they desperately need? And I desperately needed it because before I had that medical note I was only able to win a week-long bike races up mountains against the best riders in the world by one minute.

Our riders have been noticeably thin and sickly for a number of years. And they often perform much better than previously once they join our team. I wonder how many others are taking my special drug and how often.

Lots of people who have also been involved with this organisation have said that they have been given or offered a few different drugs, which is all legal, so that's fine. Maybe they were taking these extra doses of the extra strong drug too, which is legal out of competition. But I've no idea, because we're a very disorganised bunch and we don't keep medical records – despite this being a legal requirement for doctors. We even got some bad drugs delivered accidentally, either that or we ordered them and then asked the supplier to say we didn't. My doctor's poorly, so no-one can ask him what's going on. But the General Medical Council probably will soon. I think he might be a ‘rogue doctor’.

That might be what the boss decides.

They might have to blame the boss because once they get rid of him everyone will just assume that it’s all fine now and will stop asking questions like ‘Who were the 55-70 doses of dangerous and performance-enhancing corticosteroids for – which and how many riders take them?’

The boss must be getting forgetful because he said he didn’t know anything about my special drug. But then he said that he’d taken it himself.

The colleague I don’t like is really good now. He keeps talking about how he doesn’t take drugs and he wants to be tested more. But then it turns out he has magic kidneys that turn themselves off and on again – how else could he have twice as much salbutamol in his system as he should do? So, he must be innocent. Which is a shame because he is my enemy.

A lot of the drugs – corticosteroids (out of competition) and tramadol, for instance – are legal. That means they’re ok to take. Even though they have effects like damaging the immune system and causing dizziness (man, those descents in the Giro were difficult). And then there are those pesky testosterone patches – but that was all just a big whoopsy-mistake, as I say above: they were maybe ordered or maybe not ordered, but no-one used them. God, we do well in the track olympic cycling. All I know is everything's absolutely fine and people should just trust us.

It’s all good for British cycling – look how many medals we’ve won. Look at my medals.

Post. Of. The. Year!!! :lol: 

I'm going to steal that for future use! 

Worst thing is Jeremy hunt is a hige fan of mathew syned who is a friend of Brailsfraud. Syned got caught up in the marginal gains BS that Brailsford put out, wrote several books on it and it's now being used by Hunt to roll out NHS policies etc. It's all based on BS as BC was abusing corticosteroids as opposed to any new advances in sport-science. 

So our entire NHS is affected by this shyte too.

Over recent years, the former British table tennis player Matthew Syed - a close friend of Brailsford - has promoted the “growth mindset” paradigm used by Team Sky to carve out a lucrative writing and corporate speaking career, telling eager businessmen and Times readers with an entirely straight face that antiseptic gel will make all their dreams come true. It’s easy to dismiss Syed’s wonkish, vaguely patronising schtick; the certitude of the man who has read one book in a room full of people who have read none. But the Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt is a huge fan, and has used Syed’s work as the ‘intellectual’ basis for a 10-year NHS reform plan that critics claim is an attempt to introduce market-based privatisation by stealth. Marginal gains: soon playing at a hospital near you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/team-sky-rise-and-fall-sad-parable-human-nature-bradley-wiggins-dave-brailsford-a8247016.html

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

Worst thing is Jeremy hunt is a hige fan of mathew syned who is a friend of Brailsfraud. Syned got caught up in the marginal gains BS that Brailsford put out, wrote several books on it and it's now being used by Hunt to roll out NHS policies etc. It's all based on BS as BC was abusing corticosteroids as opposed to any new advances in sport-science. 

So our entire NHS is affected by this shyte too.

Over recent years, the former British table tennis player Matthew Syed - a close friend of Brailsford - has promoted the “growth mindset” paradigm used by Team Sky to carve out a lucrative writing and corporate speaking career, telling eager businessmen and Times readers with an entirely straight face that antiseptic gel will make all their dreams come true. It’s easy to dismiss Syed’s wonkish, vaguely patronising schtick; the certitude of the man who has read one book in a room full of people who have read none. But the Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt is a huge fan, and has used Syed’s work as the ‘intellectual’ basis for a 10-year NHS reform plan that critics claim is an attempt to introduce market-based privatisation by stealth. Marginal gains: soon playing at a hospital near you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/team-sky-rise-and-fall-sad-parable-human-nature-bradley-wiggins-dave-brailsford-a8247016.html

Syed is beyond embarrassment. No matter how many times he's exposed as having been talking shit, he ploughs on regardless. Worst thing about it is he has so many moronic fanboys who're so impressed by the mention of some ancient philosopher in an article, that they're incapable of analysing the actual content of what he is saying. 

Him and David Walsh have their reputations and credibility ruined by their fawning over DB and Team Sky. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Syed is beyond embarrassment. No matter how many times he's exposed as having been talking shit, he ploughs on regardless. Worst thing about it is he has so many moronic fanboys who're so impressed by the mention of some ancient philosopher in an article, that they're incapable of analysing the actual content of what he is saying. 

Him and David Walsh have their reputations and credibility ruined by their fawning over DB and Team Sky. 

Paul Kimmage looking good again, as he says I might be an arsehole but least i'm a consistent arsehole.

I sort of aspire to that :P

1 hour ago, phart said:

Paul Kimmage looking good again, as he says I might be an arsehole but least i'm a consistent arsehole.

Haha you and me both. :lol: 

I loved the "Sir Flipflop" moniker he gave Wiggins 

Edited by Parklife

3 hours ago, phart said:

Just bought his updated book. So far im upto the point where he is struggling in his pro cycling career. Ive a feeling the best is yet to come. 

I thought Seven deadly sins by David Walsh was a brilliant book and that he was a respected writer. You would of thought he would of smelt a rat in Sky. 

Mind you, I got speaking to an Irish cycling journalist in a Dublin bar prior to the 1 1 game a few years ago and as soon as I mentioned David Walsh his demeanour completely changed and called him all the names under the sun.  He was visibly shaking and basically cut short the conversation. 

Ive often wondered who he was. I remember him saying that he lived in the French Pyrenees and covered cycling from there.

12 hours ago, Dairbee said:

Just bought his updated book. So far im upto the point where he is struggling in his pro cycling career. Ive a feeling the best is yet to come. 

I thought Seven deadly sins by David Walsh was a brilliant book and that he was a respected writer. You would of thought he would of smelt a rat in Sky. 

Mind you, I got speaking to an Irish cycling journalist in a Dublin bar prior to the 1 1 game a few years ago and as soon as I mentioned David Walsh his demeanour completely changed and called him all the names under the sun.  He was visibly shaking and basically cut short the conversation. 

Ive often wondered who he was. I remember him saying that he lived in the French Pyrenees and covered cycling from there.

I don't know any of them personally. Walsh did good work with Armstrong but that's cause they didn't get on, so easier for him to believe he was doping, but he always protected UK/Ireland/Aus riders as he did a lot of work in these countries.

It seems a few cycling journalists have strong feelings against Walsh. He just got duped by SKY, forgot what he was there for and got cosied in with them. Happens to Embedded journalists all the time.

I'm drawing a blank on that journalist.

1 hour ago, phart said:

We must follow the shame people on twitter, ive just read the article via Matt Slaters link.

Very good reading, and I see theres a mention of Paula Radcliffe as well. 

• 1 month later...

Thats Asbel Kiprop busted but he's started talking a bit and it's turning into this weird cluster-fuck. Not got a handle on all of it myself yet.

Former Olympic 1500m champion Asbel Kiprop was tipped off by a doping control officer about a drugs test, but officials deny he was asked for money.

The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) confirmed the Kenyan, 28, tested positive for EPO after an out-of-competition test in November 2017.

The three-time world champion alleged his sample "turned positive" because he did not give the testers enough money.

That is rejected by the AIU, which said his sample was not tampered with.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/43998371

In other news Froome seems to have came into the Giro on his 2010 form.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 3:33 PM, phart said:

I'm starting to think there might be motors being used in cycling as well. Not enough evidence at all, but just seems more likely the more you see cheating, and someone was caught at a motocross event with one.

I believe motors are being used in cycling - Tyler Hamilton

Former Tour de France cyclist joined us to talk doping, cheating & the future

http://www.offtheball.com/OTB-AM/I-believe-motors-are-being-used-in-cycling--Tyler-Hamilton

On 5/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, phart said:

Our own Phillipa York weighs in.

It's a bit too technical for my basic cycling knowledge but the article is a whole is an excellent read. 

It seems we're finally getting to a point where some journalists are refusing to buy the Froome shit-show anymore.