Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running

phart

God folk are even going back and getting the weather reports, that information says it was 22C, Pr saying it was 32,

32 is also 4 degrees hotter than highest recorded for that day ever. :oops:

Edited by phart

Also someone has come forward and contradicted how long after her win she was tested. Saying minimum of 90 minutes and if so dehydrated it can take up to 6 hours to be able to provide a sample. This is why you want information because it can be corroborated and why folk don't want to give it.

So contradictions on the SKY article with the sophistry about typical values of an athlete at altitude, these are actually tailored individually and change during the year so there is no "objective" cut off.

Contradictions on the temperature on the day.

• 1 month later...

Report out tomorrow, doesn't look good, head of IAAF anti-doping allegedly taking bribes etc etc.

"A report into claims of doping cover-ups, extortion and money-laundering in athletics will show "a whole different scale of corruption" even compared to Fifa, says co-author Richard McLaren.

The independent commission, set up by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada), is set to report its findings on Monday.

McLaren said: "This is going to be a real game-changer for sport."

Meanwhile, the son of ex-IAAF chief Lamine Diack is among four men charged by the body over ethics code breaches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/34752212

Do you write for the daily mail? The fact that mo farah missed four drugs tests has been news for months.can't see anything re he failed four tests.

Edited by allyc

Do you write for the daily mail? The fact that mo farah missed four drugs tests has been news for months.can't see anything re he failed four tests.

No. Can you link me to any english language site that claims Farah missed 4 tests, as i believe that your stated fact is actually a figment of your imagination and never happened outside your head.

Farah missed 2 drug tests in the run up to 2012.(news for years not months)

your opening gambit is ironic considering the inaccuracies in your post.

EDIT: The reason you can see anything re failed four tests is cause it is being reported on Russian language news sites. i'm pretty sure i mentioned this before.

Here you go

"Причем вовлечена в такие схемы была отнюдь не только одна Россия. "Те же случаи применения допинга покрывались и в интересах других стран. Разумеется, не бесплатно. Но иногда Ламин Диак годы спустя требовал новых сумм за то, чтобы не дать ход делам, за которые уже получил деньги" - сообщил источник, добавивший, что известный британский бегун, двукратный олимпийский чемпион Лондона-2012 (10 000 м и в беге на 5000) Мо Фара как минимум четырежды проваливал допинг-тесты. Но ни разу делу не дали ход."

Edited by phart

It was you who wrote he had failed four test.anyway regardless.this is devastating news for athletics but I guess not that surprising.would be really shocked if anything did surface about mo farah.but some folk seem to have a considerable axe to grind regard team gb,athletics and the establishment.

Edited by allyc

It was you who wrote he had failed four test.anyway regardless.this is devastating news for athletics but I guess not that surprising.would be really shocked if anything did surface about mo farah.but some folk seem to have a considerable axe to grind regard team gb,athletics and the establishment.

Well technically a Russian sport site reporting on the bribery scandal reported their source as saying it, i merely relayed what was being said and then said "god knows what's happening". Everything i said is accurate. It isn't common knowledge though, that's separate events that happened 2010 and 2011 where in the lead up to the 2012 Olympics he missed two drug tests.

It's devastating alright, the guy in charge of anti-doping has been blackmailing folk or taking bribes to allow cheats to still compete and win medals. I'm sure the Anit-doping department of the IAAF has been running as it should be with this dude in charge. No wonder folk are trying to whistleblow.

EDIT: just to say his improvements seem unbelievable then he goes a runs a 3:28 1500M as well.

Anyone familiar with the Armstrong case will find this funny, the papers have been full of explanations for why he is so good for a few years now. Here's my favourite.

Cadence

This is the rate at which the feet hit the ground, or stride rate. To run faster, the stride rate and stride length need to increase.

“There are many aspects of Mo’s running style that enable him to run with a high cadence, thereby increasing speed and optimising performance.”

Cadence is a famous lance armstrong excuse for his speed.

Edited by phart

Tomorrow should be interesting.

An aside, I run (and cycle for that matter) with a very high cadence. I was talking to a guy I know who was a very good runner in his younger years (2.30 marathon) and I told him that I was going to try and increase my stride length and maintain my cadence so I could get faster. He pointed out that what I was basically saying was that I was going to get faster by getting faster. So, yeah, the cadence thing is a red herring.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

An aside, I run (and cycle for that matter) with a very high cadence. I was talking to a guy I know who was a very good runner in his younger years (2.30 marathon) and I told him that I was going to try and increase my stride length and maintain my cadence so I could get faster. He pointed out that what I was basically saying was that I was going to get faster by getting faster. So, yeah, the cadence thing is a red herring.

With all the nonsense they should just drop every historic case and focus on sorting the situation right now. Whoever cheated got away with it, as the whole system was compromised.

Not ideal but need to draw a line under it, and focus on righting the ship.

With all the nonsense they should just drop every historic case and focus on sorting the situation right now. Whoever cheated got away with it, as the whole system was compromised.

Not ideal but need to draw a line under it, and focus on righting the ship.

Yeah, I've heard that suggested before. You could also reset the WRs which might be a shame for historical clean athletes but could be good for athletics going forward. But that is assuming we can guarantee it is clean from that point on.

Ha ha. Yep it is called 'gearing' (talking biking here). My legs go faster than yours at the same speed if I am in a higher (or is it lower) gear. There is no free energy to be had playing that game up or down. I know.

Edited by thplinth

Mention in the report of direct interference and intimidation by the Russian state. Impartiality compromised by surveillance from the FSB.

:shocked: hell. Huge implications not just for Athletics but for Russian sport as a whole. WC now seriously in doubt as well I'd imagine. Lots more to come I think and could be the biggest sporting scandal we've ever seen.

Mention in the report of direct interference and intimidation by the Russian state. Impartiality compromised by surveillance from the FSB.

destroying over a thousand samples and intimidating family members.

This was only a look at Russia though.

"The commission was not asked to examine separate doping claims made in August when The Sunday Times and a German broadcaster claimed leaked blood tests from 5,000 athletes over 11 years showed an "extraordinary extent of cheating". The IAAF said the claims were "sensationalist and infuriating"."

Not looking at the "cheating" outlined in August.

I think it's the truth about Russia but i wish the same zeal would be applied to our own athletes. That commission was not allowed to look at all the recent exposure.

Shows bribes taken by IAAF officials. If they took Russian bribes they would take others, but that wasn't investigated cause the limits of the investigation were narrow, like political enquiries.

Edited by phart