Gary Cornish V Anthony Joshua - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gary Cornish V Anthony Joshua

Guest allyc

Both unbeaten fighters go head to head at the London O2 in sept...thoughts?

Immense chance for Gary. It will be a war, and i don't think there is a hell of a lot between them. Really looking forward to it.

Was talking to a girl yesterday who is a friend of Gary's and she and her hubby have ringside tickets, she is almost exploding with excitement already! (Lucky cow!)

If Cornish can take him it's a massive scalp, both stepping up to the challenge early in the career though. I haven't seen enough of Cornish to compare, joshua is a prospect no doubt and others have said so is Cornish, os fair play for them both putting the 0 on the line.

• 1 month later...

Wee reminder that the big Highland joiner is on pretty soon! Could be a harsh lesson tonight, I just hope he is not being forced into this fight for the sake of his "larger than life" promoter looking to get back into the limelight.

Anyway, good luck to Gary, he needs to keep Joshua at bay at the start of the fight and use his immense stamina to wear him down as the fight gets to the stage that Joshua is unaccustomed to.

Wearing Scottish attire in any sporting event usually doesnt end well

Im thinking Colin Montgomerie and his saltire sweater going into the last round of the open in the lead ......

Swinging with him right off the bat was daft.

It was death or glory. Joshua obviously a far better boxer so no point trying to tuck up and survive. His chances were slim to none and his only shot was to buzz him early.

Fair play to him for taking the fight.