Spfl Weekend 12- 14Th Sept - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spfl Weekend 12- 14Th Sept

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted I've only seen either team a couple of times but it was more than that surely?

Brown did play well I have to say but Aberdeen were struggling to cope with more than just him. First half it was like you boys were afraid of the ball. One thing that really did surprise me was how poorly Aberdeen coped with the physical side of things, especially early on. Again though I haven't seen much of them so probably can't comment on how normal that is?

How has Goodwillie done for you out of interest? Some nice touches.

Pretty fair comment there.

Thought Pawlett was a constant issue for Celtic to deal with but Aberdeen needed more than just him. Celtic much more streetwise in that they are good at knowing when a wee foul will stop any forward momentum - something Aberdeen could learn form today.

Second half was different as Aberdeen found belief and at least made Celtic sweat for the win.

Goodwillie for me has been good outside the box - very good touch and control and at bringing others into play. We still have to find a way of getting him to be in position inside the box to score though. Hoping his goal today will spark a run of goals for him now. You can see there is a good footballer in there.

Pretty fair comment there.

Thought Pawlett was a constant issue for Celtic to deal with but Aberdeen needed more than just him. Celtic much more streetwise in that they are good at knowing when a wee foul will stop any forward momentum - something Aberdeen could learn form today.

Second half was different as Aberdeen found belief and at least made Celtic sweat for the win.

Goodwillie for me has been good outside the box - very good touch and control and at bringing others into play. We still have to find a way of getting him to be in position inside the box to score though. Hoping his goal today will spark a run of goals for him now. You can see there is a good footballer in there.

I actually didn't think Aberdeen got him on the ball enough. He was one of the ones I looked out for due to a LOT of glowing reports on here. As you say though, too many didn't turn up for you boys which was disappointing as I thought you would give that mob a game.

Your last sentence is exactly why I asked. Looked hungry today, worked hard and when he did get the ball into feet he looked like he could cause problems. I honestly feared he was going to go the same way as O'Connor but on today's showing I hope he can continue to rebuild.

One thing though see strikers these days, I know they all want to be fancy and bend one into the top corner but there really is a time to just smash the ball goal wards and make the keeper work. His chance in the first half was crying out to get his head over it and hammered.

I actually didn't think Aberdeen got him on the ball enough. He was one of the ones I looked out for due to a LOT of glowing reports on here. As you say though, too many didn't turn up for you boys which was disappointing as I thought you would give that mob a game.

Your last sentence is exactly why I asked. Looked hungry today, worked hard and when he did get the ball into feet he looked like he could cause problems. I honestly feared he was going to go the same way as O'Connor but on today's showing I hope he can continue to rebuild.

One thing though see strikers these days, I know they all want to be fancy and bend one into the top corner but there really is a time to just smash the ball goal wards and make the keeper work. His chance in the first half was crying out to get his head over it and hammered.

I actually think that he needed to pass that chance towards the goal rather than go for so much power - obviously we saw that chance differently.

Losing Hayes due to his wife going into labour was massive. It left Pawlett being the only one pushing forward from the middle. When Hayes and Pawlett both attack in games they can be a real handful. That probably sums our season up so far - when we've missed a player it has always been one who the opposition would have hand picked.

Can only hope that Monakana turns out to be a player as that would give us different options as far as attacking with pace goes. We do have young Scott Wright coming through but he is a tad young just at the moment to ask too much of - you will though see and hear of him during the season.

I actually think that he needed to pass that chance towards the goal rather than go for so much power - obviously we saw that chance differently.

Losing Hayes due to his wife going into labour was massive. It left Pawlett being the only one pushing forward from the middle. When Hayes and Pawlett both attack in games they can be a real handful. That probably sums our season up so far - when we've missed a player it has always been one who the opposition would have hand picked.

Can only hope that Monakana turns out to be a player as that would give us different options as far as attacking with pace goes. We do have young Scott Wright coming through but he is a tad young just at the moment to ask too much of - you will though see and hear of him during the season.

haha just shows how people see thing differently mate. I think when a ball is coming towards you like that it's very difficult to control it with a side foot. Knee over it and give it a chance of going in.

Pawlett does look a good player I have to say. I was wondering if he would go into hiding after the clattering he took in the first half.

If he's found guilty he should never wear a Celtic shirt again.

I can't see how he'll be found guilty tbh - it's his word against someone else's with no apparent witnesses. The fact it was reported at half time tells you something though - who would invent a story like this half way through the game and for what gain?