Whats Everyone's Plans For The Draw? - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whats Everyone's Plans For The Draw?

bonny78

Looking at 2014 and 2010 qualifer groups, all best placed 2nd placed teams who made it to play offs had between 17 and 25 points. if we aim for 18+ we will be in a good position statisticly.

Edited by romanticscot

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they started tomorrow I reckon it would go 12 home points should be a gimme

Malta and Slovenia away should be another 6

England will be more experienced next year so for fear of being called negative I'm non committal on that fixture

Lithuania away has always caused us problems in the past and Slovakia could be a big banana skin for not only us but for the Nigel's aswell

2012 in a friendly. Will be over a decade since our last competitive game with them by the time the qualifiers come round...

That was the 3-0 game wasn't it?

Pretty pleased with the draw myself, could've done without Lithuania again tbh.

I'm off to Malta on Wed anyway as it happens to see relatives so I'll get some accommodation agreements made!

Putting aside any crap about how good or bad teams are - lets get down to the important stuff - what decent places are we off to and the beer prices.

Wembley - shyte place , expensive beer but a must for a qualifier.

Slovakia - sounds cheap , Ive never been there -will do me just fine.

Slovenia - last game was in Koper - hopefully this one in Llubjana - stayed there last time - nice wee city.

Lithuania - if its Kaunas again - dunno think Id stay in Vilnius again. Beer relatively cheap but place is a bit familiar now.

Malta - yee fookin ha - get in there.

Edited by irnbruman

i think it gives us a great chance to finish second although slovakia have won their last 9 games in a row it could have been a

lot worse.

I also think the second placed team with the least points will come from groups d or e.

Its just a pity that either holland'france'italy or spain will be waiting for us in the play offs.

Oh and how the fcuk are Wales ahead of franc and italy in the seedings.

Wonder if Sky will show all games given England's deal with ITV?

If it's billed as a Scotland game then I'd imagine so (assuming they'll have rights to all Scotland games)

We'll still be subjected to the usual Nigel juank fest though

Edited by DoonTheSlope