Nfl 15/16 - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nfl 15/16

Bristolhibby

Was really worried about Lorenzo Mauldin of the Jets who was carried off with head & neck injuries & not moving

However reports that he is going to be ok

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic win for the Bills, should be a good game against the Patriots next week.

As for the JETS and Dolphins, the opposition seemed to leave a lot to be desired, so will be interesting to see how they do over the next month or so. But the division has definitely become more competitive, which is good.

Aye to be fair there are a lot of teams that look rotten

The Jets were complete cack in the first quarter and would not have predicted how the game then panned out

A win is a win though and gets us rolling

Deffo worried about Rex and the Bills haunting us - they have some good weapons with McCoy and Harvin

Bills impressed me tonight.

Also, how did the Lions throw away something like a 20 point lead? Cruising vs the Chargers then 30 unanswered points.

The Ravens @ Broncos was a war of attrition. Was impressed by the Broncos blitzing.

Has Manning lost his arm though?

Right I'm off to bed now.

Got the Giants v Cowboys game taping.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

What is it?

J

In the NFL, the line of scrimmage for a kick attempt will move back thirteen yards to the fifteen yard line, effectively placing the ball the same distance from the goalposts as it will be in the CFL. The line of scrimmage for a two point attempt will remain at the two yard line. However, NFL defenses will now be able to run back failed conversion attempts for a two point score.

There were 4 extra point misses on Sunday alone ...

Edited by Ally Bongo

Finally caught up with all the football last night. The Vikings / 49ers game was just crazy with the penalties and mistakes etc. Enjoyable though.

I like the new rule. Must have teams panicking if you have a bit of a dodgy kicker and the fact that the defense can get points makes it interesting as well.

I'm struggling with all the games.

Finally caught up with the Sky+ed games then it was straight into Week 2, Broncos @ KC (which I'm 3/4 through).

Add onto that Cheslea v Gooners (now) and the RWC. Sport overload!

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

The first two games were brutal at times yesterday.

Flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag...I was getting quite annoyed by the end of it with the amount of penalties.

Philly looked like a very ill-disciplined and poorly coached team. I'd be surprised if Chip Kelly lasts the year.

The first two games were brutal at times yesterday.

Flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag...I was getting quite annoyed by the end of it with the amount of penalties.

Try being a Dolphins fan!! Think we gave away something like 15 penalties yesterday, losing against the Jags. The Jags, FFS!

Try being a Jets fan that took Miami on their Sunday NFL treble !

Have taken tomorrow off to watch the Jets away to the Colts at 1.30

This strategy has never worked out well. Not only a pumping but some other embarrassing event to put the icing on the pumping happens

I have also lumped on the Jets at 12/5 - They have been cut from 13/5 to 23/10 in the last 4 hours

(this also rarely works out)

terrible performance, feel more sorry for all the fans from miami that travelled up for it as the stadium must have had at least 10/15k phins fans in it

Aye, I thought the same thing last night. Especially the Olivier Vernon one, I'd have been looking for my money back from him!

Try being a Jets fan that took Miami on their Sunday NFL treble !

Have taken tomorrow off to watch the Jets away to the Colts at 1.30

This strategy has never worked out well. Not only a pumping but some other embarrassing event to put the icing on the pumping happens

I have also lumped on the Jets at 12/5 - They have been cut from 13/5 to 23/10 in the last 4 hours

(this also rarely works out)

I would say good luck, but think we might need you to be worse than normal to save us finishing last in the division.

Aye, I thought the same thing last night. Especially the Olivier Vernon one, I'd have been looking for my money back from him!

I would say good luck, but think we might need you to be worse than normal to save us finishing last in the division.

Despite the Colts poor show against the Bills last week (look at the passing yards Brady had against them last night) i think this will be the first test of how good (or bad) the Jets are (also despite the Browns winning last night)

Cant rely on Fitzpatrick protecting the ball the whole game - in fact you have to expect him throwing at least a couple of interceptions