Bt Sporting Stars - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bt Sporting Stars

Lynsey Sharp was debating against Michael Stewart on the radio the other day. A bit surprised given her dad is part of Sport for Yes....

On BBC Scotland TV today also - briefly.

Surely King Kenny Dalglish is still undecided - "Maybes aye, maybes naw..." :lol:

Lynsey Sharp was debating against Michael Stewart on the radio the other day. A bit surprised given her dad is part of Sport for Yes....

I only saw a brief clip but I was disappointed she backed up a No vote based on current training facilities in Scotland compared to England rather than what was best for Scotland.

I only saw a brief clip but I was disappointed she backed up a No vote based on current training facilities in Scotland compared to England rather than what was best for Scotland.

That's a selfish reason, that's up to her. Team GB's policy is to throw money at elite athletes...I would hope a free Scotland would spend money on making facilities available for everyone.

I've never understood the training facilities argument. Doesn't Mo Farah bugger off to America all the time?

Doubt there will be any surprises in the list

That's one of the points Michael Stewart made. Loads of the top stars train abroad in better weather, altitude etc although that may be funded privately as they are also big money earners.