Was Ireland The Best Ever Away Trip For The Ta? - Page 4 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Was Ireland The Best Ever Away Trip For The Ta?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on so many factors, the game, the company you keep, the people you meet, the hospitality, the weather... whatever floats your boat. I enjoyed Dublin immensely but I wouldn't call it the best or anything like it. Conversely the most disappointing one was the Cardiff game in the pishing rain....still enjoyed parts of even that one though!

Edited by slasher

How very elitist of you. The debate is subjective and entirely a matter of opinion.

Exactly and so I gave my opinion. The first time was good but it's a place I hope we don't play in again so I don't have to return.

Paris 2007 (first away trip), loved Benidorm in 2011... dodgy sex shows just full of TA singing songs and the bouncers telling us to be quiet or kicked out, Poland trips were excellent last year and Dusseldorf was incredible atmosphere as well.

Ireland was good but down the bottom of the 'best away trips' list - was only there for 1 night as well...

But aye, Paris 2016 :ok:

• 2 weeks later...

nah, mines has to be Paris McFadden 1-0 or 2-0 defeat in San Siro Walter Smiths first game, both of those trips for me were amazing, atmosphere & singing from Tartan army both games was the best ever