Ticket Sales - Page 17 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales

kmcca5

I know this doesn't help you now it is a sell out, but in the SFA's defence you had a pretty large window, from Tuesday last week until yesterday, to buy tickets.

I appreciate what you are saying, but why the 1 ticket per SSC member in the first place if they are just going to keep doing SSC sales again and again until they are sold out.

Open it to 2 per member, at least on the 2nd round of sales so every SSC member has a shot at 1 on the first round. Just seems silly.

FYI all - Still looking for 2 Germany match tickets as EIFA10 is correct, that did not help me :)

Edited by jayjayen

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate what you are saying, but why the 1 ticket per SSC member in the first place if they are just going to keep doing SSC sales again and again until they are sold out.

Open it to 2 per member, at least on the 2nd round of sales so every SSC member has a shot at 1 on the first round. Just seems silly.

FYI all - Still looking for 2 Germany match tickets as EIFA10 is correct, that did not help me :)

Because the way they have done it has actually been pretty fair, in my (and others) opinion. As a paying SSC member you were guaranteed a ticket. Season ticket holders, after shelling out a heap of cash, were promised first dibs on extra tickets. A fair deal as a sign of loyalty. This was made clear when the season tickets went on sale.

Then guess what? You had Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday to buy tickets for you and your wife. Say you were working away without Internet or phone access. Say you were on a campsite for a week, with no mobile signal. Even then, you must have known that there was likely to be an opportunity coming up soon, for you to buy tickets, given how the sales were going. What I don't think you can do is blame the SFA.

Because the way they have done it has actually been pretty fair, in my (and others) opinion. As a paying SSC member you were guaranteed a ticket. Season ticket holders, after shelling out a heap of cash, were promised first dibs on extra tickets. A fair deal as a sign of loyalty. This was made clear when the season tickets went on sale.

Then guess what? You had Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday to buy tickets for you and your wife. Say you were working away without Internet or phone access. Say you were on a campsite for a week, with no mobile signal. Even then, you must have known that there was likely to be an opportunity coming up soon, for you to buy tickets, given how the sales were going. What I don't think you can do is blame the SFA.

Please do not associate paying all that money with loyalty. They are not the same thing.

Write what you want next (I'm sure you will) I am done responding, just want to focus on getting some tickets.

Anyone with 2 spare Gemany tickets please give me a shout.

Please do not associate paying all that money with loyalty. They are not the same thing.

Write what you want next (I'm sure you will) I am done responding, just want to focus on getting some tickets.

Anyone with 2 spare Gemany tickets please give me a shout.

OK. Just to be clear. This isn't a silly argument (actually, it probably is), but if you make a silly comment in a public forum, blaming others for your mistake, then you can expect someone to try and correct you. Also for the record, I'm not interested in trolling or arguing. It just gets my goat when people blame others for their own failings.

Good luck with getting tickets and enjoy the game.

I would suggest that attending every home qualifier has a good association with showing loyalty. However, I presume what you're saying here is that not paying for a season ticket does not make you disloyal. If so, you are completely correct. Not everyone can afford the money and/or make themselves available for every home game. That's absolutely fine and does not make you any less loyal a supporter to the team, compared to the season ticket holders.

I've just went on and bought 3 tickets for the Germany match for friends was showing it was sold out so refreshed page a good few times then tickets appeared for South Stand Lower, got through checkout no problem.

Is anyone on here a registered user which means even though you arent an ssc member occasionally you get emails from the ssc offering you tickets for games.

I'm not in the SSC but I get these emails regularly from the SFA. I've never quite worked out where they got my details from.

After the ssc members sale there is usually a general sale for tickets left. If you buy one, you have to give your details which is registering. This is free and allows you access to home games tickets after paying members windows are over. Also, as ssc membership is full, you can register by giving your details. You will receive these emails and get offered tickets if any left. Either way, if ssc have your email address, you will get email from them.

What the ssc didn't say was that this was really a general sale as you were able to register there and then and buy tickets for the two games.

Edited by DoubleSC

Only the South Upper left for the Germany game

South Upper/Lower and East still available for the Poland game

Any idea how much left for Poland game ?

What makes u think that. Look at the stadium plan.no where near 10000

Mind you the Ireland game at home the plan had it sold out for ages but they kept popping up