How Many Of Us Were There? - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Many Of Us Were There?

I didn't think there were that many TA in the home end........until we scored. Bloody thousands, in all stands! I recon around 10k, no idea how many without tickets but I've never seen a city so full of kilts. Speaking to some locals who said that there are normally around 10k Welsh in Dublin for the rugby and it seemed like twice as many Scotland fans at the weekend.

Abbey Travel said they had sold almost 1000 tickets to Scotland fans and that appeared to be the case as our entire section in Hospitality (directly above official Scotland end) was Scotland fans. Hospitality elsewhere in the ground looked full of Scotland fans and there were pockets of fans in every area of the ground. I'd say 7500 in ground and same again without tickets.

Abbey Travel said they had sold almost 1000 tickets to Scotland fans and that appeared to be the case as our entire section in Hospitality (directly above official Scotland end) was Scotland fans. Hospitality elsewhere in the ground looked full of Scotland fans and there were pockets of fans in every area of the ground. I'd say 7500 in ground and same again without tickets.

We were at the other end in the hospitality and it was 95% Scots, who were making a really good attempt at getting their money's worth.

We were at the other end in the hospitality and it was 95% Scots, who were making a really good attempt at getting their money's worth.

Our section was like that (422). Good atmosphere I thought and the staff were first class.