How Many Of Us Were There? - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Many Of Us Were There?

I know it's all a guess but I think between 7k and 8k in the ground and a another 3k possibly 4k that didn't get in but filled the city.

Are you joking, try double that. I thought at least 15k-16k in the ground and would have said about 22k total. Everyone i spoke to thought the same. Every bar in the Temple Bar was jam packed with Scottish fans

Felt less than 10k IMHO..... nowhere near the 15-20k being reported in the press.

TBH The Celtic Cup game a few years back didn't feel much more crowded.... we were in the Temple Bar area drinking (which was busy, but not jam packed!) and thought that maybe there was a massive area elsewhere where everyone was, yet seemed to be that was it.

Edited by wanderer

I think a lot of Scots tried to spread away from Temple Bar area to get a different experience than previous times. Our group only went to 1 pub on the Sunday in TB, the rest of the time we were out discovering pubs in different parts of the city.

That 'Hailo' app was getting a lot of use from us - bloody useful app to get taxis at your doorstep in a matter of minutes!

Felt like there were 10k in Coppers!

I got a punch in the chest from one in the Temple Bar on the Saturday night, and mate got a wack in the back for his troubles after a load of them came rushing passed at high street screaming "get out of the way!!!!"...... turned out a couple of Scots had bumped into a cop and had set the panic button on his uniform to go off, and resulted in a full on scramble by every cop within a mile rushing to the scene.

I got a punch in the chest from one in the Temple Bar on the Saturday night, and mate got a wack in the back for his troubles after a load of them came rushing passed at high street screaming "get out of the way!!!!"...... turned out a couple of Scots had bumped into a cop and had set the panic button on his uniform to go off, and resulted in a full on scramble by every cop within a mile rushing to the scene.

He means the nightclub , not that it felt like there was 10k coppers on the street :lol:

It felt like there were about 50k Scotland fans about while walking along through Temple Bar trying to find someone to give them tickets :lol:

I was close to screaming " WILL EVERYONE SHUT THE FECK UP!!" :lol: