Quote Function - Technical Support - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Quote Function

stactuso85

its something to do with which browser you are using and/or browser settings.

For me, in the house using Firefox it works fine.

At work using IE11 it doesn't work.

I suggest trying a different browser.

• 1 year later...

it used to work for me, I haven't changed browsers, now it doesn't work. Are admin not bothered about it at all - presumably not as neither of the these two topics have been responded to. feck them, no wonder folks have stopped posting on here. Death to Yermaw through an IT glitch; what a way to go........

6 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

it used to work for me, I haven't changed browsers, now it doesn't work. Are admin not bothered about it at all - presumably not as neither of the these two topics have been responded to. feck them, no wonder folks have stopped posting on here. Death to Yermaw through an IT glitch; what a way to go........

Message them directly.

2 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Ahhh naw. Quote function producing another tamber mass extinction event. I would like to know who owns this board and what the history is of its decline. It is perplexing.

Also I was a little taken aback at the number of members of say RangersMedia v on here. Surely this place should be a lot more busy?

@fringo - maybe a last throw of the dice; forgive my ignorance but who am I emailing?

But cant believe one of the mods/admin hasn't read this and thought, I'll give that poster a quick fix. As theplinth suggests, maybe they don't give a monkeys anymore in the knowledge that if you cant quote, there is very little point or fun in being on this message board..........

Describe the nature of the problem in a little more detail, what happens when you try to quote, what device do you typically use, what browser... 

I would be really annoyed if you abandoned this board. If it makes you stay you can consider that a threat. ;)

I find if I accidentally quote someone I cannot get rid of it and am forced to post an empty post and move on. So God help you if you accidentally touch a quote button. Utterly irreversible although once or twice I have been able to delete them but cannot figure out how now. Just post an empty quoted post and move on is the only know best  solution.

Your problem sounds more weird. Maybe save your bookmarks etc and reinstall your browser / try another browser? 

I hope some goodhearted and IT clever TAMBER out there has some some secret plan to open an "AlternaTAMB" should this place suddenly and catastrophically off line permanently. All this shite is disturbing... 

The TAMB must stay open. I think the TAMBers should crowd fund its buy out and then put control of it into the hands of a TAMB elected board of 'directors'. Or someone should just open a rip off site for feck all and steal all its customers for free.  The internet is savage.

Out of interest if you quote something you can delete it by hovering over the top left hand corner of the quote box. A box appears, click on it and then press the delete button.

Where do I send my bill?

42 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Describe the nature of the problem in a little more detail, what happens when you try to quote, what device do you typically use, what browser... 

I would be really annoyed if you abandoned this board. If it makes you stay you can consider that a threat. ;)

I find if I accidentally quote someone I cannot get rid of it and am forced to post an empty post and move on. So God help you if you accidentally touch a quote button. Utterly irreversible although once or twice I have been able to delete them but cannot figure out how now. Just post an empty quoted post and move on is the only know best  solution.

Your problem sounds more weird. Maybe save your bookmarks etc and reinstall your browser / try another browser? 

I hope some goodhearted and IT clever TAMBER out there has some some secret plan to open an "AlternaTAMB" should this place suddenly and catastrophically off line permanently. All this shite is disturbing... 

The TAMB must stay open. I think the TAMBers should crowd fund its buy out and then put control of it into the hands of a TAMB elected board of 'directors'. Or someone should just open a rip off site for feck all and steal all its customers for free.  The internet is savage.

See.....

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

@fringo - maybe a last throw of the dice; forgive my ignorance but who am I emailing?

But cant believe one of the mods/admin hasn't read this and thought, I'll give that poster a quick fix. As theplinth suggests, maybe they don't give a monkeys anymore in the knowledge that if you cant quote, there is very little point or fun in being on this message board..........

I can't remember precisely but send one of them a pm e.g. Admin4 in the same way you'd send me or any another TAMBer a pm.

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

So let's get ourmaw back on line...before it is too late!

am indeed back from the jaws of oblivion. Although i dont seem to be able to multi-quote i can live with this and be an arsehole poster on a one to one basis. More personal that way i feel and gives the individual poster the attention their post merits. thanks v much fella. 

On 04/10/2016 at 7:06 PM, Return of Yermaw said:

Hello.

Just seen this thread and this post.

It really is best to message us. We don't read everything.

There's a "Contact Us" button at the bottom.

I'll alert our Tech Dept and they'll have a look.

Oh, and feck you too.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Admin4 said:

Hello.

Just seen this thread and this post.

It really is best to message us. We don't read everything.

There's a "Contact Us" button at the bottom.

I'll alert our Tech Dept and they'll have a look.

Oh, and feck you too.

Its been talked about and fecked for months, if not longer.  And as you well know, you don't often respond to the Contact Us either.